Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Once again I need your expertise, experience, and knowledge. I have been reading up on multiple sites that were suggested on this forum but I cannot find an answer.

If I want to convert my 1990 Dodge Omni Sbec tbi car to a T1 sbec car what years and from which cars would I need the engine, harness, etc from? I believe from my research I can only use a 1990 or 1991 car.

I understand that I will have to upgrade my fuel pump, possibly run a larger fuel line to support the additional needed fuel, and what ever you recommend.

I am just trying to figure out what is the best way to put a turbo motor in my Omni.

If someone has already done this, or someone has a link to a site could you please share it?

I hope that this makes sense.

Thank you!

·
Banned
866 Posts
Hello,

Once again I need your expertise, experience, and knowledge. I have been reading up on multiple sites that were suggested on this forum but I cannot find an answer.

If I want to convert my 1990 Dodge Omni Sbec tbi car to a T1 sbec car what years and from which cars would I need the engine, harness, etc from? I believe from my research I can only use a 1990 or 1991 car.

I understand that I will have to upgrade my fuel pump, possibly run a larger fuel line to support the additional needed fuel, and what ever you recommend.

I am just trying to figure out what is the best way to put a turbo motor in my Omni.

If someone has already done this, or someone has a link to a site could you please share it?

Thank you!
TBI. Has one pickup on the hale effect controller under distributer cap TURBO Engine HAS 2 pickups......ADD one wire to Harness to the controller. Then add wires from controller to the main that run to fuel rail harness and O2 sensor with the wires that go to the extra 2 VACUME sensors on turbo 1 and 2 engines.

Use any of the turbo 1,2 engine parts with a single engine controller like a super sixty package...

So adding the extra wires ,other parts ,and bits to your harness and engine is much easer than making the other ones fit into the OMNIs engine bay.

mike0007 TD-member!

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is a really good idea and much more simple.

So basically a couple sensors, a few additional wires, a reprogrammed sbec computer, modify the common block for the oil line, and a upper half of a turbo motor (head, intake, fuel rail, exhaust manifold, turbo, etc) and I would have a 2.2 turbo engine on a sbec computer.

Would the upper half of the motor have to come from any specific car/engine?

Thank you!

·
Banned
866 Posts
That is a really good idea and much more simple.

So basically a couple sensors, a few additional wires, a reprogrammed sbec computer, modify the common block for the oil line, and a upper half of a turbo motor (head, intake, fuel rail, exhaust manifold, turbo, etc) and I would have a 2.2 turbo engine on a sbec computer.

Would the upper half of the motor have to come from any specific car/engine?

Thank you!
:wink2: I'd try to stick to the same year as the DODGE OMNI's cars build year ->1990 Take All of the parts from a ,DODGE, CHRYSLER, PLYMOUTH, T-1 or T-2 engine :| like from a Daytona ect., 1989 models or early 1988 year. This will simplify your BUILD in modifying you car ...OK! :cool: The bulk head connector will have the same number of wire sockets in it...50 pin connection.
So this is easer to change pins and rearrange in the wires in connector to work with your ride. :surprise:

mike0007 >:)

·
Administrator
24,117 Posts
There was no T-2 after 89.
90 offered a 2.5L T-1 or a 2.2L T-4 VNT.
91 - 93 only offered a 2.5L T-1 or a 2.2L T-3 DOHC.

So you will be looking for a 2.5L T-1.
I do not know which body style is the most compatible with the Omni bulkhead connector.

·
Banned
866 Posts
Hello,

I understand that I will have to upgrade my fuel pump, possibly run and support the additional needed fuel from TANK recommend.

Thank you!
Using the 1988 or 1989 is to keep the wiring and electronics simple to change the systems over and fit back into your 1990 OMNIs L-body ENGINE bays body wiring harness from the supporting automobiles parts you removed them from.

mike0007 TD- member

I sent you a PM with the contact info best I can do.......LOL # matching car GLHT *^86 >>>>>>> @gmail.com

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
1989-1990 turbo minivan harnesses are the best to use to convert an L Body. 89 is SMEC 90 is SBEC.
There are a few posts about doing this conversion at Turbo-Mopar.com

You may have better luck finding a logic module harness for a turbo L body and swapping that into your car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts