Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't sure which forum to post this in so I guess I'll start here. I have a 1990 Dodge Omni that I am looking to convert to a turbo. The car originally was an automatic but has since been converted to a 5 speed with an A523 in it. The brakes and suspension have been upgraded, I just haven't messed with turbo's before so I need to know what I need with regard to computer/motor/wiring, etc. I only found a few things searching around, but from what I gathered I can get a 90 Caravan harness to plug right in(with the exception of turn signals or windshield wipers, can't remember). Is 90' the only year or do I have some leeway, like from 90-93', etc? I would like to keep everything plug n' play if possible, so what else would I need from a early 90's turbo-beside the motor? Any and all information you guys can provide will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Dan

·
Administrator
25,001 Posts
I cannot be 100% but I would think you will want a 90-92 2.5L T-1 which other than the T-3 16 valve DOHC and T-4 VNT was the only turbo used 90-93.
I also do not know how well the A523 will hold up to large amounts of boost/torque but the 2.5L T-1 is only 152 HP and 7 lbs of boost factory controlled.

You will need the complete engine, sensors/solenoids/relays/controller/wiring harness, airbox, charge piping, vacuum block, exhaust system
Not sure about the engine mounts, radiator, etc.

Let me know what you are getting the wiring from and I should/may be able to help you with the BH connector pinout.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts