Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Category: Domestic

I have a 1991 Dodge Shadow ES Convertible for sale, in USA - Connecticut.

Mileage: 81,801 miles
Engine Size: 2.5 Turbo

Asking price is $3,200 OBRO

Up for sale is a very rare 1991 Shadow ES Turbo Convertible 5 speed car in Electric Blue. From what I understand, there were less than 500 turbo stick convertibles made, and I'm sure the electric blue color scheme makes this a one of less than maybe 50 ever made. I have only seen one other like this in all the years that I have been collecting these cars (20+ years).

I picked this car up in Arizona back around 2003. It had around 62,000 miles on it when I bought it and I daily drove it during the Summers only until about 2009. Then I bought my crossfire SRT6 convertible and this car has only been driven once or twice a year since then. It has 81,800 miles on it and it runs and drives fine. Since it was originally an Arizona car and then only driven in the Summer in Connecticut, there is zero rust on this vehicle. However, due to the Arizona sun, the rubber on the window sweeps is pretty shot and there is some paint/clear coat fade on the top of the car (hood, trunk and tops of front fenders).

It's pretty much all stock and the only thing I added to it was a radiator/intercooler and air intake system from a 1990 Shadow VNT car. I also have a g-valve set to 14 psi.

This is a fun, good looking car and the few times I have taken it out over the last couple of years, I always get a compliment on what a cool looking car it is.

While overall the car is in very good condition, there are a few things that probably need attention:
- The car is clean and looks good, but as mentioned, there is some clear coat fade
- The rear tires have some dry rot and should probably be replaced (fronts are fine) and it needs an alignment
- I got tired of the power window motors burning out, so I started to replace them with manual crank windows. I only did the drivers side, but have the hardware for the passenger side if you want to convert that over to manual (passenger side power window still works), and I have the original power window stuff for the drivers side if you want to convert that back as well.
- Clutch will probably need to be replaced in a couple thousand miles. It works fine, but with the g-valve and 14 psi of boost, it does start to slip in the higher gears if you floor it (it probably wouldn't slip at all if the stock boost was used).

Other than the minor issues above, this is a nice, solid driver.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks good, looks just like the one I sold in Mesa in 2003, to a guy and girl driving a Winnebago from Conn.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's because it IS the one you sold to me Don :thumb:

I still have the winnebago too - working on doing a cummins transplant to replace the tired old 318.

Want to buy the shadow back from me? I'm itching to take a trip out West so I might even drive it out to you :thumb:

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Forgot to mention - I removed the g-valve that was on the car and am running stock boost now and there's no more clutch slip. So the car runs and drives fine, but like I said in the original post, the clutch will still probably need to be replaced sometime in the near future (especially if you turn the boost back up).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts