Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1991 Dodge Spirit RT - $2000

Category: Domestic

I have a 1991 Dodge Spirit RT for sale, in USA - Florida.

Mileage: 125000 miles
Engine Size: 2.2

Asking price is $2000

For Sale – 1991 Spirit R/T TIII

Exterior Condition: 6/10
This RT has glossy paint and the body is straight.
There are some chips on the front bumper/grill.
The front left fender has some easily repairable damage about ¾ down at the door crease. *see detailed pictures

Interior: 6/10
Clean and complete except for missing a-pillars, and the head liner.
All 4 power windows work, door locks, cruise, radio etc are working.
The tachometer works, but occasionally sticks. The odometer stopped working last year, but the mileage is pretty accurate as the car has been parked due to other priorities.

Mechanical: 7/10
The car cranks up, idles perfect, and drives great. The turbo does need a rebuild as it smokes some while in boost, but not under normal driving conditions. No weird noises, or lifter tick. The transmission shifts great in all gears.
The suspension, ride quality, and brakes all feel good as well.
AC – It’s not blowing cold, but I believe it just needs a charge.

Modifications:
Car is mostly stock. It has an Accufab AFPR, 1G DSM BOV, 3" Exhaust, Autometer Boost and A/F Gauges. The factory vacuum setup has also been replaced.

I just preformed the following maintenance:
Oil & Filter Change
Spark Plugs (Autolite 64's)
Plug Wires
Drive Belt
Radiator Cap
Thermostat
Coolant Flush
Radiator Hoses
Fuel Filter
Fuel Pump
O2 Sensor
Air Filter
Alternator
Battery Terminals

I like the car, I think it would be a neat little project, but I have 2 project cars already and it seems like there is a lot to these cars and a good community following, I hope that some enthusiast that already knows his/her way around these cars picks it up and enjoys themselves.

I’m looking for $2000. Car is located in Jacksonville FL.

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
How far would you feel comfortable driving it as is?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How far would you feel comfortable driving it as is?
As I haven't really taken it on any trips, or daily driven it, my opinion may not be concrete, but just based on how it runs when I take it out, I'd be pretty comfortable taking it anywhere.

You talking about driving it to Iowa? Pretty long haul, but I wouldn't think I'd have any doubts taking it on a trip.

I fixed a few things on the car and it drives MUCH better now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Always wanted one of these. Dang good price too. I miss my turbo cars. I'm gonna have to quit coming on this site again before I get myself in trouble with the little lady. GLWS

·
Registered
386 Posts
Don't happen to have any video on it? I have a green light on a car that fits this bill with the wife. 4 door helps...let me know or email it but I haven't received any emails yet.

·
Registered
115 Posts
It was my old car 14 years ago and I picked it up for my daughters boyfriend. He is going to restore it. It is definitely a flood damaged car. I drove it from one side of Jacksonville to the other and it smoked badly and blew oil everywhere. To say none of the issues were known and claim to be a mechanic just don't go hand in hand. But it isn't a biggie and I am not upset with the seller. Honesty in the community is always best though. I bought the car knowing all of these things. It does shift nicely and clutch is strong. It seems to run fine but the boost solenoid is bypassed and is running 5 psi. Was aslso missing the 2 center intake bolts. ALOT of evidence of flooding and it looks t have been sitting for s long time. Now its home and getting restored. In the sellers defense, He does claim to not know these cars.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll post the same thing here as I posted on Turbo-Mopar

While I don't claim to know everything about the car

1.I can assure you it wasn't flooded during the time my friend or I owned it, so unless Matt flooded it, it hasn't been flooded. The car had been sitting for upwards of 2 years when I bought it, hadn't moved 10 feet, the carpet and interior were bone dry and my friend owned the car for almost 7 years, so it either flooded 8+ years ago when Matt owned it or it hasn't been flooded, maybe had a leak and stained the carpet, or maybe it did flood 10 years ago, I really don't know.

2. The ad clearly states the turbo needs a rebuild, as I mentioned, I bypassed the factory boost control solenoid while troubleshooting, when I get a relatively stock car with stock injectors and an unknown fuel pump hitting 20psi, I'm doing whatever I can to turn it down.

3. All of the things replaced on the car are routine maintenance items, aside from the alternator, which was still functioning, just had low output voltage. I did all of these things because I considered keeping the car. I wouldn't have spent almost $500 and wasting my time if I was trying to unload it on someone.

4. The power window worked until an hour before you got there, you can see in the video that I sent you that it was working. I recall you stating that you had messed with that motor in particular. I didn't bother touching the sunroof, I knew it was aftermarket, and I know that in its current state it didn't leak. So I left it alone.

I'm sorry you feel as if I've tried to deceive you, I disclosed any information I had on the car, there were some maintenance records over the past few years here that I could mail you, I forgot to put them in the car.

Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
115 Posts
This is the response I posted on TM as well. To clarify because Bigboost had thought I was directly accusing him and I am not. He may not have known certain things as he doesn't know these cars well he told me.
Nah, dude don't worry about it. Like I said, You seemed like a cool dude and I am not blaming you at all. Heck, The car is 24 years old. I had not seen it in 14 years. A lot changes in that much time. I have worked with 4g63's but know a lot less about those than T3 motors so I understand. No matter how many pictures one posts, The cars always look ALOT better with digital pictures. If I thought you were hiding it I would have said it. In a car ad, Someone who is hiding something always wets the car down or takes vague pictures or just happens to overlook the damage areas. This wasn't the case with yours. The funny thing about that is don't they think you are going to notice the problem when you show up? In my case, I drove 5 hours to see the car and it show VERY well in the pictures and $2k is a very attracting price for a rare car. When I got there it didn't show as well as the pictures and was more rough than expected. BUT it was priced fairly for what it was. I apologize if you thought the tone was accusing to you directly. Basically what I am saying is SOMEONE knew it was flooded, but who knows who. Like you said, It could have been while Matt had it and that wouldn't surprise me. I am going to try and get some pictures of some things to look for on a flooded car so people will know what to look for. And I want to clarify, I am not accusing Bigboost of hiding this. Not everyone knows what to look for with flood cars. Hell, I never even ran a carfax to see because its very easy to get around that. I will see if I can get the pictures before I head back down to FL tomorrow.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts