Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Category: Domestic

I have a 1991 Other Sundance America for sale, in USA - Illinois.

Engine Size: 2.2L

Asking price is $1400

Up for sale is a 1991 Plymouth Sundance America. It's a 2.2L 4 cylinder and has a 5 speed manual transmission. The car runs and drives great! The America series for the Shadow and Sundance basically was a no frills basic car and that's exactly what this is. However, it also means it is light which transalates into around 30 MPG city and close to 40 highway! It has a basic am/fm radio and I just replaced the speaker in the driver's door so it sounds pretty good. It also has a newer timing belt on it. I just put in a new vacuum check valve so the vents operate properly and a new air filter too. Also, I installed new hatch supports... this means that the rear gate will actually STAY OPEN on it's own! I also replaced one of the shifter cables since it was binding up and also replaced the shifter bushings so it shifts buttery smooth now too. Clutch operates properly, doesn't slip at all! Heater works very well. The seats and so forth are really in excellent shape too, no rips or stains on anything. Rear defroster works too. It also has two new tires on it and the other two are still in decent shape.

Mechanically, the car is in pretty much perfect shape. Cosmetically, it's decent but it IS from 1991 so there are some rust spots, dents, scratches, and so forth. The floor pans are pretty clean though. The parking brake doesn't work since one of the cables is missing but just leave it in gear and it won't go anywhere. Headliner fabric isn't really attached anymore so we pinned it up so it's not a nuisance. It doesn't have a tachometer (as it's the basic model), but I have another cluster I will include and can swap for the buyer.

I've included a lot of pictures to give you a good idea of the car. I've owned other Shadows and Sundances in the past and they've been wonderful cars and I have no doubt in my mind that this one is too. Unfortunately for me, it's way too hard to get Subaru transmissions and engines in and out of the back so I can't use it for what I need to do (should have checked before buying it) so I'm hoping to pass it on to a good home. I'm asking $1400 or best offer for the car so please feel free to call or text me at 815-980-eight nine six zero if you have any questions or want to see it. Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.