Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
CoupleOvans
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if this is a direct swap?
I would like the factory Tach and oil pressure gauges instead of the basic cluster I currently have.
I know the vans could swap clusters without issue, so I'm hoping this is the same deal.

·
CoupleOvans
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No takers?

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Honestly, I don't know if it would work or not considering the big changes in wiring, connectors, CCD advances, etc. going from '91 to '95. '95 is a STRANGE year for our cars...

·
CoupleOvans
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Honestly, I don't know if it would work or not considering the big changes in wiring, connectors, CCD advances, etc. going from '91 to '95. '95 is a STRANGE year for our cars...
I know my OEM cluster worked fine with the 92 wiring harness I had installed originally, so I was hoping the older cluster would work with the 94 wiring that's in it currently (long story).
I just don't want to buy a cluster to find out my theory is wrong.

·
CoupleOvans
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update on this:

I ordered a cluster from a fellow forum member and figured I'd try it, if nothing else I'd rewire it so it did.....

All the gauges work! :woot woot::dancing: The trip meter and odometer are not working, but I am highly doubtful that's related given everything else works as it should.:puzzled:

·
Administrator
24,191 Posts
Update on this:

I ordered a cluster from a fellow forum member and figured I'd try it, if nothing else I'd rewire it so it did.....

All the gauges work! :woot woot::dancing: The trip meter and odometer are not working, but I am highly doubtful that's related given everything else works as it should.:puzzled:
The Odometer not working is caused by broken gears in the speedo housing, extremely common and a fairly easy fix.

Just an FYI...
The screws that need to be removed to access the speedo guts/gears are located on the front under the speedo face plate under each corner.

Odometer Gears - Chrysler-Dodge - All Chrysler-Dodge Vehicles

·
CoupleOvans
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Odometer not working is caused by broken gears in the speedo housing, extremely common and a fairly easy fix.

Just an FYI...
The screws that need to be removed to access the speedo guts/gears are located on the front under the speedo face plate under each corner.

Odometer Gears - Chrysler-Dodge - All Chrysler-Dodge Vehicles
Is it possible to pull the gears out of my old cluster and put them in the new one?

·
Administrator
24,191 Posts
Yes you can use the gears from your old speedo, however...
The factory gears become very brittle over time and then break very easily so it will be hit or miss as to weather the old gears will stay together for any length of time or even be in one piece when you take apart your old speedo.

Take your old speedo apart first and take a good look at the gears, it will also serve to help you take apart the speedo in the newer cluster so you know what has to come apart.

The video on the odometergears.com site will help you other than where the 4 screws are located (Chrysler changed the location of the screws in 90) which I mentioned in my previous post.

My speedo stopped working and I had to get a used replacement that had an inop odometer so I swapped the gears from my old speedo (they were already replacements from odometergears.com) and while I was in there I was also able to remove the pin for the odometer and correct the mileage so it read what my original speedo read.

·
CoupleOvans
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
End up just pulling the whole speedo assembly out of my old cluster and dropping it in the new one.
Now everything works as it should.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts