Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know our cars are old, but this is good info to have, might not be a bad idea to check with the dealer to see if your car is affected/ had the work done to it.

1992 Dodge Daytona
NHTSA Campaign #: 93V114000
Manufacturer Campaign #:
Make: Dodge
Model: Daytona
Year: 1992
Component: Structure:frame and members
Manufacturers Involved: Chrysler corporation
Begin Date Of Manufacturing: 10/01/1991
End Date Of Manufacturing: 11/01/1992
Recall Type: V
Potential Number Of Units Affected: 17000
Date Owner Notified By Manufacturer: 10/15/1993
Recall Initiator: Mfr
Manufacturer Responsible For Recall: Daimlerchrysler corporation
Date Report Received By ODI: 07/12/1993
Date Added To File: 07/15/1993
Regulation Part #:
Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard #:
Defect Summary: The welding attachments of the front frame rails to the floor pan sheet metal may not be properly welded.
Consequence Summary: The improperly welded areas could cause body panelflexing and sheet metal cracking, possibly resulting in structural damage,compromising the vehicle impact protection capability. this could increase thelikelihood of injury to occupants if the vehicle is involved in a collisionaccident.
Corrective Action: Secure the floor pan to the front frame rails by bolting both frame rails to the floor pan.

1992 Dodge Daytona
NHTSA Campaign #: 92V015000
Manufacturer Campaign #:
Year: 1992
Component: Steering:wheel and handle bar
End Date Of Manufacturing: 10/01/1991
Potential Number Of Units Affected: 20000
Date Owner Notified By Manufacturer: 02/06/1992
Recall Initiator: Odi
Date Report Received By ODI: 02/14/1992
Date Added To File: 02/18/1992
Regulation Part #:
Defect Summary: The zinc plating operation performed on the upper steering column shaft coupling bolt caused hydrogen embrittlement and breakage of the bolt.
Consequence Summary: Fractures of the upper steering column shaft couplingbolt result in a lack of coupling load on the shaft and loss of steeringcontrol.
Corrective Action: Replace the zinc plated bolt with a phosphate plated bolt.

1993 Dodge Daytona
NHTSA Campaign #: 93V114000
Manufacturer Campaign #:
Year: 1993
Component: Structure:frame and members
End Date Of Manufacturing: 11/01/1992
Potential Number Of Units Affected: 17000
Date Owner Notified By Manufacturer: 10/15/1993
Recall Initiator: Mfr
Date Report Received By ODI: 07/12/1993
Date Added To File: 07/15/1993
Regulation Part #:
Defect Summary: The welding attachments of the front frame rails to the floor pan sheet metal may not be properly welded.
Consequence Summary: The improperly welded areas could cause body panelflexing and sheet metal cracking, possibly resulting in structural damage,compromising the vehicle impact protection capability. this could increase thelikelihood of injury to occupants if the vehicle is involved in a collisionaccident.
Corrective Action: Secure the floor pan to the front frame rails by bolting both frame rails to the floor pan.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I looked under my car in curiosity as to how this could happen. I REALLY don't think this should be any kind of concern. Someone somewhere probably crashed a car and cut open their ankle because the sheet metal pulled away from the frame rail.

Kinda like that steering column shaft bolt that could fail. I don't even know where that bolt is.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
My R/T has the bolts in the floor or actually more like sheet metal screws on mine. The steering bolt issue was more like all cars in 92. My mini never had it fixed and the wheel rocks a little.
Tim

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
very cool rick, but even though the recalls are closed, aren't the dealers obligated to fix the car under the recall if it was affected and never had the work done?

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
good question. I asked a chrysler rep why the recall showed "completed" for my spirit r/t on a date i know good and well it was sitting in my driveway.. needless to say i never got a answer. Many of the old recalls where the parts are NLA are being closed. I've seen this with mechanical repairs and safety (seatbelt repairs).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts