Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the 1992-1994 2.5 engine casting numbers are the same between the turbo vs non turbo? Or did they give the turbo blocks a totally different casting number?

Any help would be appreciated.

Planning on turning a 1994 2.5 common block non turbo into turbo.

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
All blocks are the same. Only the rods and pistons are different. The turbo rods are stronger than the L/W rods and the pistons have less compression. The turbo blocks have a turbo oil drain tube in the block that can be put in an N/A block. If you don't know about the heads-- use the TBI cam and install turbo exhaust valves in the TBI head -it's the same also except for the EX valves

·
Registered
56 Posts
All blocks are the same. Only the rods and pistons are different. The turbo rods are stronger than the L/W rods and the pistons have less compression. The turbo blocks have a turbo oil drain tube in the block that can be put in an N/A block. If you don't know about the heads-- use the TBI cam and install turbo exhaust valves in the TBI head -it's the same also except for the EX valves
not to change subject of post because i always wonder that about the blocks. But why would i change my turbo cam out for tbi cam and does that mean throttle body injection

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
TBI(yes) cam is an upgrade for 87 up turbo engines and a little better only because of the roller lifters in an early turbo. The 84-86 turbos are alittle better for duration but the roller lifters are somewhat better.(some opinions)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm familiar with what you said but my main and only concern is if the casting numbers are the same number between 1992-1994 for the turbos vs non turbo blocks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts