Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I JUST got a 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC 2.5L Turbo today. It's an automatic. On my drive home I noticed the tranny was slipping a bit, it needs new fluids (not pink and pretty anymore) and a filter. My father, who owned a Chrysler Laser, VNT Daytona and a Turbo Shadow, said that you could do a swap (pretty easily) with a Neon 3-speed (31TH) transmission, and it has better shifting points. This is just for future thoughts, and like I said, I just barely got it today, I know a bit about it, but not a lot so I was looking for some advice. Alternative options are appreciated as well. Thank you all! :thumb:

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Well lol a 31th is actually an a413 so I'd imagine the swap is doable with minimal differences.

I, however, would stick with the factory trans because they are supposed to be strengthened on the turbo cars.

Welcome to the forum, once again. You have 1 of 230 2.5 turbos of that year btw.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was leaning towards (more like against) the idea of keeping the original transmission in it, but it was just an idea I was playing with. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Yeah, not sayin the neon trans would even cause problems, but its jsut something to think about.

The turbo trans has a high stall converter as well, turbos put a lot more load on the trans

1 - 4 of 4 Posts