Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 1992 LeBaron and I'm having a problem that i cannot figure out. To start off, lets just say my car runs pretty normal if i accelerate slow, or slow-ish.But sometimes i have to crawl up to about 55 mph, because if i don't, it seems as if my gas pedal just dies on me and I'm not getting any fuel. When this happens, i have to pretty much push the pedal to the floor to get any movement out of my car. Also, during this, if i stop at a red light, my car shakes VERY badly. So badly it is noticeable from the outside. This only happens when i accelerate quickly though, which is confusing the crap out of me. any help would be appreciated. i have no changed the fuel filter yet, but will do so, and will update after doing so. thanks

·
Registered
4,663 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks for the link, checking the codes i received a 12, 37, and a 21. I have a 3.0L V6 engine. thanks again.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
looks like a bad o2 sensor and bad solenoid-or the connections to those 2.

·
RIP
1,363 Posts
sounds like a plugged Cat. A bad 02 sensor could cause the cat to be plugged. 1st replace the 02, then see how it runs. If little or NO improvement, remove the exhaust ahead of the cat and see if things improve.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts