Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings! I am looking for the OEM part number for the body module / ECU. 1993 3.0L base model, automatic.
This is the one in the passenger side kick panel.
OR, looking fora working one to purchase. thanks in advance.

mike

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome To TD!!!
What model vehicle do you have, Daytona or LeBaron?
The BCM (Body Control Module) has no part numbers listed in the Chrysler Parts Catalog because these units were sent out for repair, not replaced with new units.
View attachment 282477
The part number should be on a tag/label on your BCM.

Do you have a Base or Premium BCM in your vehicle, you can tell by the number of wires going to the "Natural" colored connector, the "Base BCM" will only have about 10 wires at the "Natural" colored connector.
View attachment 282475 View attachment 282476

If you do not mind me asking...
Exactly what is the problem you are having that leads you to believe you need a BCM?
Ooops, Forgot to add that it is a 1993 Daytona, 3.0L base, automatic. Cranks, no start, no codes. Sent to module to AES for repair. They are unable to repair because of corrosion. Once I get it back I will examine it myself.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Would you like to diagnose your "cranks but will not start" condition?
Yes, There are no codes displayed at all with the key dance. Not even 55 end of test..
Prior to this the engine would start run fine, but occasionally it would just stop after 15 or 20 minutes. It would restart fine.
Others have suggested the HEP. I am lost.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I began the trouble shooting process, did not get too far. I tried to follow the steps in NS-1A. Since I don't have a DRBII, I only got to step 5/6 in the troubleshooting chart. Then it started to rain. I will delve back in later and look for loose connectors. I don't know if there is a rental source for DRB-2. Might there be anyone in the Annapolis, MD area that could lend assistance? Willing to compensate you for your time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts