Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
CoupleOvans
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the cooling system all sorted on my 1995 Acclaim.

Now it has an issue on cold starts:
It will fire right up, idle for about 3 secs, then die. Turn it over again, same thing. Turn it over a 3rd time, it fires up, idles roughly for 10-15secs, then settles into a normal idle.

Plugs/wires/cap/rotor are all new, along with the whole cooling system. Outside of this issue, it runs very well.

·
Administrator
24,135 Posts
Your symptoms sound exactly like the problem we had with the Jeep Grand Cherokee's when they had issues with the seals in the Fuel Pump Module.

First thing you need to do is look at fuel pressure and fuel pressure bleed down.

Fuel pressure on a 95 TBI is 35-43 PSI and pressure should not drop quickly when the engine/fuel pump is shut off.
(A few pounds every couple of minutes is normal)

Once you have verified fuel pressure to be OK you need to look at the Baro Reading(Key On/Engine Off) from your Map Sensor.

·
CoupleOvans
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your symptoms sound exactly like the problem we had with the Jeep Grand Cherokee's when they had issues with the seals in the Fuel Pump Module.

First thing you need to do is look at fuel pressure and fuel pressure bleed down.

Fuel pressure on a 95 TBI is 35-43 PSI and pressure should not drop quickly when the engine/fuel pump is shut off.
(A few pounds every couple of minutes is normal)

Once you have verified fuel pressure to be OK you need to look at the Baro Reading(Key On/Engine Off) from your Map Sensor.
Ok, I will check these things out this weekend.
How do I go about checking the baro from the Map?

·
CoupleOvans
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
CoupleOvans
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
May not have to worry about it at all. Assuming it can be done, I may be pulling the drivetrain and swapping in a 98 3.3l/4-speed combo.
Sick of trying to straighten out the PO's issues with this engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts