Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a clean 95 Caravan that spent it's life in Florida. I am thinking of the possibility of swapping in an engine from the SRT4 which I already have maybe this coming spring. I've done some research on this site and came to the conclusion that the trans mount is the only directly compatible mount I'll have as I'm going to use an a413 from a newer Caravan. My question is, has anybody here swapped similar (2.4) into one of these older Vans? And what kind of mounts did you end up using and what did you use for engine management? Thank you in advance.

·
Administrator
10,119 Posts
Most of those vans are auto and V6. Tough to find a manual and 2.5 type setup. They existed in a 92-93 van, same body. So finding manual parts is an idea. Then the 2.4 bolts to the 2.5 trans. So 3 mounts are done. Passenger side mount is normally welded to the engine plate. Eitherway you will need to do some fab to fit it. Later body vans came with a 2.4, so a lot easier to swap. Most SRT4 systems wirk in the Neons. Swapping that wiring is tough so most use megasquirt. Then there are existing maps online to get.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you wish to use an automatic transmission, I recommend using the 4-speed from a PT cruiser with the same 2.4 Turbo. These newer models are durable and 4 speeds is preferred over only 3. The mount bracket from the minivan automatic will probably fit on there? Otherwise a newer minivan/Neon bracket is very similar design? I haven't done any of this myself but am definitely thinking about doing the same thing on a newer (2001-2007) generation minivan. I am not sure if the 95 instrument cluster functions like the other early 90s models, with individual wires for tach, Speedo, and such, or reads off the CCD bus, like later 90s cars? But if it's wired the older way, shouldn't be too much a problem just using the PCM from a PT cruiser to run just the engine and tranny. BTW the PT manifolds should be a good fit for the vans!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts