Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tell me if you think i can do better... Still have a few things left to sort out.

Mods list.
88 Daytona Shelby Z 2900 lbs 5spd\Moly Plate
Mildly Ported 782 Head (cleaned up combustion chamber, polished exhaust runners)
S60 Turbo
Large NPR SS pipes.
Ported Exhaust Manifold + Full 3" Exhaust
Forward Motion Cal\3bar\+40%s (Still fighting with this setup)
Running 20psi but have a fuel issue. Top of 3,4th gear at 6000 is creeping to about 1620f. Lean.
Timing at 12*

Street Tires, Launched at 4000, got spooled and feathered first.
Grabbed Second, very slight feather.
3/4 good. going lean. 1600
10*C outside 2300ft elevation

[email protected] :welloh:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Your thread inspired me. I went out and G-teched new combo I am trying on my 88 shelby Z (auto, stock intercooler, mitsu turbo,5th injector, 15# boost) [email protected]
Launched at 3# boost,backed out of first spinning.

Your's has a lot more in it. It is just going to take some work to get it out of it. Mine before with a t3t4 at 20# went [email protected] with a five speed.

Good luck and enjoy.

Greg

·
Registered
827 Posts
ToiboTonaZee said:
Launched at 4000, got spooled and feathered first.
Grabbed Second, very slight feather.
3/4 good. going lean. 1600
10*C outside 2300ft elevation

[email protected] :welloh:
Just a thought, would launching at a lower rpm help? something like a 2500 rpm clutch dump vs a 4000 rpm clutch slip? just wondering..

bernard

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Getting an accurate 1/4 mile without slicks is useless. On a street with street tires all you do in first and second is spin. So to get a half descent time you have to feather the gas which is costing you time. Get some slicks and at a drag strip you will definately get more accurate results (something worthwhile).

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
gti_7 said:
Just a thought, would launching at a lower rpm help? something like a 2500 rpm clutch dump vs a 4000 rpm clutch slip? just wondering..

bernard
Oh, and to answer this. Launching at 2500 you'll probably just bog really bad and fall flat on your face. That's why turbo dodge's are so difficult to launch. And once you up the power it's almost impossible to get a good launch unless you have really good tires or slicks.

·
Registered
827 Posts
cawcislo said:
Oh, and to answer this. Launching at 2500 you'll probably just bog really bad and fall flat on your face. That's why turbo dodge's are so difficult to launch. And once you up the power it's almost impossible to get a good launch unless you have really good tires or slicks.

:thumb: thanks very much.. i figured dropping the clutch where your TQ is made would help with the "go" factor and help reduce wheel spin.. but as ive just read.. useless! :D

bernard

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gti_7 said:

bernard
Im running the RP performance stage 2 clutch, the 4 puck one so its really hard to slip it to get a better launch.
If i had a stock T3 turbo i could launch at like 3000 but the super 60 needs a second of full throttle right at the launch to get it making boost. Otherwise i get about 2 seconds of "civic like acceleration" before the boost ramps up.

And yeah with the setup it pulls to about 6300, when im spinning in 1st/2nd doing a pointless burnout for show purposes its really easy to make a huge burnout if i keep it floating a bit above redline.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Turbo Charger said:
I'm just curious as to why your revving to 6k in 3rd and 4rth? I could see 6k in 4rth at the track.. but 3rd? I realize your car isn't stock though.. so does it still pull that high? I know mine are done by 5200-5300tops.
Even if you're out of your power band that high in RPMs in 3rd, shifting at the highest point, you're still making more power than at a lower RPM in 4th because of power multiplication through gear ratios.....plus, shifting at higher RPM in 3rd will make your shift to 4th right in a good part of the power curve.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Bad traction, agreed (as he stated that he feathered the throttle through 1st and 2nd gear). Also if it's the G-tech pro (not the latest one) it gives you a higher mph then if you were at the track.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts