Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st ticket!!!

Good lord,
First off....Id like to say I have the upmost respect for cops and what they do. They have tough jobs and they work hard for the money they make. With that said... I RAN INTO AN PIG! I left work at my job and while turning, I tapped the gas...the torque along with the fact that I was turning cause my tires to squeal (On a scale from 1-10 it was a 4ish) I drive over two stores down to Blockbuster get out and go inside. A few minutes later a cop walks in and orders me to hand over my license. Long story short...I get sited for speeding (10mph... ?:| )and reckless driving. What a load...Im soooo pissed. Since he works offduty at my job at the grocery store...Ive opted to get my $74 back by maing fun of him...namely turning corners with the shopping carts saying "SQEEEEEEEAAAALLLL." Blah :'(

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Oh, Whew! I thought someone got a ticket for being gay! I was going to have to go incognito for a while if that were the case. ;)

I think this guy just has a personal grudge. Or maybe he likes you? Afterall, it was Valentine's day, right?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Well Im right there with you. We registered our car now in Nevada, and since we had to turn our old plates in, trhe DMV issued me a 'Permit' which I had to stick in the FRONT window to show we had registered the car.
Well now I drive around with no plates in the rear where a cop will be if he pulls me over. Yesterday we got stopped because he thought the car may be stolen, because its a really nice car without plates.
I wonder how many more times I get stopped before the real plates come in.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
BraytonAK said:
Oh, Whew! I thought someone got a ticket for being gay! I was going to have to go incognito for a while if that were the case. ;)

I think this guy just has a personal grudge. Or maybe he likes you? Afterall, it was Valentine's day, right?
LOL :D

__ Hey, having had a recent run in, I can say...I feel the annoyance with ya! The guy's probably just POed 'cause his old lady/man dumped him ( hmm, wonder why?! Too uptight maybe?).
Hope it doesn't get you any points!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I can relate! Back in late sixties/early seventies I amassed about 12 points....all from "reckless driving"....or "getting wheels" tickets ......never a speeding ticket. Haven't gotten a ticket in the last 30 years though. Smart, lucky ? 8o

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I'd fight it.... he has no proof.. why did he wait until you had gone further and stopped. And why the HECK is he working at a grocery store in his off time? Chances are he's jealous.. after all his "Cruiser" isn't near as good looking as the Pt Cruiser ;)

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Sorry to hear about your luck! Sometimes I think cops have a quota for the day. ?:|

BTW, what does gay have to do with a ticket??

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wow........How easily this PT site turns ugly when we speak about law-enforcement officers......remember we are only hearing ONE side of the story here-Bet the officer, who I might add is highly trained, issued a citation for a violation. I just wonder who you all will call when something bad happens to you. We are all human-that makes us prone to making mistakes-I just don't think this is the arena to complain about your getting cited for a traffic violation, then everyone taking CHEAP shots at law enforcement officers.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
I've never gotten help from a cop when I called. Fire , yes....ambulance, yes 4 times just last year....CHP, Yes- twice ( and let me tell you, the CHP were some of the finest folks I've ever delt with!!). Other than that, the time I did call the cops for help twice ... I didn't get it. Either time.
Besides, I think most people have NO problem getting a ticket when they actually PURPOSEFULLY did something wrong/stupid. In this care, if he had actually been BURNING OUT, I bet there'd be an "oops got busted" type thread over the complaint for a simple squeal that simply happened unintentionally....
I b-itched up & down about my blue dot ticket & my euro tail tickets because I wasn't HURTING anyone by having them. If I had gotten pulled over & cited for them because I was SPEEDING or RUNNING a RED or something & got them tacked on....well, I'd deserve it. It's just when you feel you're being "picked on" when there are so many blatant, obvious , dangerous & serious things going on all around you that it PO's you.
THAT is why I think you hear so many complaints...
Never once heard me b-itch about the ticket I got for "racing" the CHP officer on my way home from Reno, did ya? ;) ( Actually I was passing a motorhome about 112 MPH in my 280 ZX-R, when I passed a CHP officer stuck between two other motorhomes. Got a NICE ticket for that one...but I DESERVED it too. The CHP officer was very cool, wrote me up for Speeding , asked me a bunch of questions about my car, commiserated about the motorhomes & sent me on my way....no lecture, no attitude, no guns drawn, no BS add-ons.).
I have respect for the police, I certainly wouldn't want to face holed up loonies with guns, or scrape folks off the road after an accident...
Not EVERY human they come into contact with is a "scum-bag"..... but sometimes you get the impression that they don't notice that anymore. |(

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Bluzin said:
Wow........How easily this PT site turns ugly when we speak about law-enforcement officers......remember we are only hearing ONE side of the story here-Bet the officer, who I might add is highly trained, issued a citation for a violation. I just wonder who you all will call when something bad happens to you. We are all human-that makes us prone to making mistakes-I just don't think this is the arena to complain about your getting cited for a traffic violation, then everyone taking CHEAP shots at law enforcement officers.
These are not cheap shots. A lot of us have had BAD experiences with cops. For some of us, nearly ALL experiences with cops have been bad ones. For example, a cop I had to file a complaint against for completely fabricating violations of traffic law and trying to ticket me for them. Saying such a thing is dishonest or simply not right is, by no means, a cheap shot. Also, how these incidents are told here fall in line almost perfectly with my experiences. We believe each other because we've had such similar things happen...which means the cop WAS out of place. (Side note: I've also called cops for help before and NOT had them show up. Who do I call? Family. Better trained and much more effective.)

sakix, fight it. Take pictures of the area. Unless there's a sign saying "SPEED LIMIT 5" the speeding ticket shouldn't stand. Also, for reckless driving, most states require that you actually endanger someone or something...not just got a cop in a bad mood. If you're polite when speaking to the judge-type about it, and explain it calmly and provide some sort of evidence to back up your own side, you could win. If spinning the tires was an accident, explain it that way. In no way did you endanger other drivers, nor did you mean to. Make sure they know you had control of the car but did not expect the tires to spin and did not mean them to. As far as speeding, I have yet to see a speeding ticket for under the speed limit stand when conditions are not ultra-harsh (ice, heavy rain, etc.). Hence, speed LIMITS...the type where you're ticketed for going OVER, not under (given you're not on a highway).

Personally, I wouldn't stand for such a thing. I've been given a ticket for having current insurance before and I'm sure most people here can guess what happened to THAT one.

RN

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
patrika said:
Well that's a new one ?:| How did he prove that you were speeding? Around here they have to radar you, otherwise they can't ticket you.. :D
Good point. I was surprised that he was allowed to continue to his destination and later recieve the ticket AFTER coming out of a place of business...

For some reason, I thought that if you were in violation of traffic laws that you were to be immediately stopped and confronted. ?:|

·
Registered
194 Posts
people like that give officers a bad rap what a #%&*() piece of #$%^%^&* he is jealous he doesnt have a pt x(

·
Registered
477 Posts
I'd appear in court. My tires will chirp anytime I start off on some smooth pavement. The officer will have to prove to the court that you've violated the law. From what you've said, he'll have little to offer in evidence.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LuvMyCar said:
I'd fight it.... he has no proof.. why did he wait until you had gone further and stopped. And why the HECK is he working at a grocery store in his off time? Chances are he's jealous.. after all his "Cruiser" isn't near as good looking as the Pt Cruiser ;)
He was working at the grocery store b/c he needs the money...and ya he was prolly jealous b/c instead of a cop car he pulls up in a an old POS. No excuse tho.
The gay comment was a bad use of slang...I apologize for its use...I was more than a little pissed last night...
Ive decided to not make a huge issue of it and just take the class and pay the ticket. I have no proof and here in good ol Jax FL, even if the cop doesnt show up in court they appoint some guy to stand in for him and teh judge decides (nt personal experience...a racing board for my area has had a lot of people post that have had this happen)
So Im out $100 (lowering spring install...which I got yesterday as well!!!) And Im going to be driving this cop-magnet like a little old lady. Im not spending my mod-money on crap like this.... :\

1 - 20 of 30 Posts