Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
question!! Rebuilding by 88 shelby z totally guttin it and new everything, i was wondering if its possible to bolt a 2.0 dohc head to the 2.2 t2 block, and if so easier than the 2.4, the 2.0 head is a hell of alot cheap than the 2.4! Any help? i have pics by the way i can post!

·
Registered
614 Posts
I think there's some mods that need to be done for the oil returns, like minor grinding or running an external hose for it or something. Also I think you need custom swap cam gears or make them yourself maybe? And there is a certain belt (may be a couple options to use) you need.

The head physically bolts on yes, but there's a good bit of minor modding/fabbing involved in making everything fit up to it and get it running..

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
There are ways to do a hybrid build on a budget.
2.4's arent cheap either.
I know a couple buddies that have less then 1000 bucks in there hybrid builds.
Of course they can weld custom parts and run there own cals.
Its really cheap if you know what your doing.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah but i really wanted to keep the 2.2 block, is there a place that shows a how to on the hybrid set up, and does anyone know how realiable the hybrid is?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think i gonna opt for the hybrid! Take my time with it and all should go well!! Where do i get the right cam gears and timing belt though?

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
^untrue.
The swap is not obselete. Its a very good upgrade over the t1 with out the work necessary to drop a whole 2.4 in the car then run the computer as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2.5 Hybrid in my 86 Lancer. If I had to do it all over again, I would go with a 2.4L in a heartbeat. I have spent countless amounts of money as well as time trouble shooting my Hybrid. I truly believe it is not for the faint of heart.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts