Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys, can't find the best spot to post this Q...

I'll keep it short, a buddy has a 2.0 SOHC motor and wants to put a DOHC head on it, turbo in the future.

Anyone out there know if the heads will interchange without major sensor relocation? (Using stock wire harness from the neon if possible)

I know the ports for the header and intake are different. Wasn't sure if the heads have any cam position junk or vastly different senor locations. I'm a mega-squirt guy so I never pat attention to these things!

Eric,

·
Administrator
16,492 Posts
ok i dont know what year but the sohc cam sensor is completly differnt from the dohc and the injector harness might be shorter on sohc but thats easy fix. and the power steering resavor i think is differnt depending on the year

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks turbomini. I think he's just going to stay with the sohc head, for all the work there would be little gain stock to stock after porting from what I hear...

·
Administrator
16,492 Posts
ahh well no problem lol hope that works out i know theres a guy around me that has a 97 sohc thats converted with mega squirt it runs like crap becuse the tune suck

·
Registered
154 Posts
from what i have read and understand if you swap to the DOHC you will need the associated manifolds, timing belt and fuel rail... thats just to make it run but if your going stock for stock then the DOHC ECU would be a good addition, other than that i believe all of the sensors are the same between engines... if you plan on adding boost the difference between head will lower compression a bit, and they do make thicker head gaskets too but just remember that if you lower it by much your going to lose some power because of the compression drop, so that something to consider... in my opinion just swapping heads with a thick head gasket is a good way to have a decent turbo setup that you dont have to worry TOO much about the boost or detonation at least till about 10psi then you got too start looking at other things, rods, valves/valve spring, ect...

Dustin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts