Turbo Dodge Forums banner

2-1992 SPIRIT R/Ts FOR SALE

2K views 32 replies 8 participants last post by  cqlink 
#1 · (Edited)
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU SAW A 92 FOR SALE ?WELL I HAVE 2 (TWO) 1992 WHITE SPIRIT R/Ts FOR SALE AS A PAIR (68 MADE IN 92). BOTH CARS WERE SHIPPED TO THE MARSHALLING CENTER FOR USE AS EXECUTIVE CARS. THE FIRST CAR HAS APPROX 54000 MILES ON IT , THE OTHER CAR HAS APPROX 86000 MILES ON IT. BOTH CARS RUN BUT THE RARER (MANUAL SEAT- W/O OVER HEAD CONSOLE- 4 WHEEL ABS)HIGHER MILE CAR HEAD IS CRACKED. CONTACT ERIC @ 586-484-0240 FOR MORE INFO. TAKING ALL SERIOUS OFFERS OVER $5000.00 FOR BOTH CARS !!!!!! CARS ARE LOCATED IN MICHIGAN. CAN SEE PICS ON CRAIGS LIST.COM ; MICHIGAN ;DETROIT METRO; CARS & TRUCKS FOR SALE ; SPIRIT R/T.

#12 · (Edited)
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU SAW A 92 FOR SALE ?WELL I HAVE 2 (TWO) 1992 WHITE SPIRIT R/Ts FOR SALE AS A PAIR (68 MADE IN 92). BOTH CARS WERE SHIPPED TO THE MARSHALLING CENTER FOR USE AS EXECUTIVE CARS. THE FIRST CAR HAS APPROX 54000 MILES ON IT , THE OTHER CAR HAS APPROX 86000 MILES ON IT. BOTH CARS RUN BUT THE RARER (MANUAL SEAT- W/O OVER HEAD CONSOLE- 4 WHEEL ABS)HIGHER MILE CAR HEAD IS CRACKED. TAKING ALL SERIOUS OFFERS OVER $5000.00 FOR BOTH CARS !!!!!! CARS ARE LOCATED IN MICHIGAN. CAN SEE PICS ON CRAIGS LIST.COM ; MICHIGAN ;DETROIT METRO; CARS & TRUCKS FOR SALE ; SPIRIT R/T.
CARS ARE SOLD !!!!! CARS ARE SOLD !!!!! CARS ARE SOLD !!!! CARS ARE SOLD !!!!!

#16 ·
i asked for the VINs a few times as well. Never got 'em. Had to back off as a result. I checked out both cars they were real clean. Couldn't drive the one with the cracked head. Turbo wasn't spooling well on the other but for around $5K, I thought he was in the ballpark.

#17 ·
thats why I didn't do it either. One thing I do know, one of the cars with a *clean title* had a salvage title. I was interested in it when it was on CL for $3500 until I heard about the title but, for $2500, thats not a bad deal.

#19 ·
funny thing, brian and mark, the guy who bought them dropped me a pm from a friends account, i have been messaging back and forth and we bs'ed on the phone for 45 min.

both cars have a green MI. title, salvage are orange and these are not. he ran a car fax and it said the one car was "salvaged" in early 95 with "0 miles on it"??? i told him to get a vip report, i am thinking this was used for testing, and it was salvaged by chrysler maybe???

anyways the cracked head car is clean and runs pretty good, although he is buying a non cracked head for it. the other car is the one with the questionable title, it has 50k on the clock and he said has some dings and paint blemishes.

i have been answering questions and giving advice to him, he sounds like he wants to get them up and rolling good and has a good head on the way.

hopefully i can get him to go to carlisle, we both are pulling heads and doing headwork, i just got a head start on him as my head is already off, lol.

#20 ·
glht_omni said:
both cars have a green MI. title, salvage are orange and these are not. he ran a car fax and it said the one car was "salvaged" in early 95 with "0 miles on it"??? i told him to get a vip report, i am thinking this was used for testing, and it was salvaged by chrysler maybe???
Yeah, I having been in contact with him too. I was also in contact with the seller when he had the *salvage* car on craigslist, and he made it clear as day that the car was in a descent collision. The front (I think it was the front) bumper is a different color underneath and I believe there was repair to the rear rocker/fender area but, the work is suppose to be pretty well done considering it was still pretty new when the collision happend. IIRC, he (seller) bought it off of his friend who was the original owner (or possibly second owner), who knew the whole story behind it.

Anyways, for about $2500 per car, its a freakin steal considering the good condition of them(regardless of title work). The (supposed) salvage car was on craigslist for $3500, I thought that was kinda high because of the collision but, still a sweet car.

#21 ·
the new owner sayed he couldnt find any obvious repair work (maybe the bumper is the only clue?), it just struck me odd when he said carfax said it was salvaged with 0 miles on it, i figured it may have been a test vehicle (both are exec. lease) that was smashed and then reasembled (for training?) and then salvaged by chrysler and possibly resold by the junker.

#25 ·
it only puts down 2sec in my dreams, lol, yeah its a joke and will be there until i get it to the track. my pontiac is only probably going to push 16-17 sec its a tank.
the spirit should be putting down 13.5ish on the current tires and should be able to break into the high 12's with some drag radials that i should have soon.
no vids yet, just got it plated last week, but i will have plenty of that as i have a camera and a buddy that is down to ride shotgun and film anytime:thumb:
heres some pics taken last week, i get the correct hood and grille at SDAC next month.
heres the 66' pontiac, had the same 389 BB that the GTO had, but only a 2bbl instead of the tri-power setup and weighed twice as much.

heres the r/t and how it looks now after it sat for 3 years and me having owned it for 2 1/2 months and having to pull the head. the fact that SDAC is next month in pontiac, MI. didnt hurt either check them out Shelby Dodge Auto Club

#27 ·
thanks mark, i wound up using a 91 spirit tbi radiator, its quite a bit longer but worked out pretty well considering my options.

i just came back from bobs house (owner of the 2 r/ts in this thread) and his brother may buy the "salvage titled" one. the other one is coming together well, once he gets his clutch here he will be dropping it all back him, he had the luxury of being able to pull the engine and trans out and has everything painted and on a stand.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.