Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are the 2.2 & 2.5 oil pumps the same I have an 1984 block 2.2 and a 1986 2.5 oil pan can I use the 2.2 1984 oil pump and the 1986 2.5 pan and oil pick up will this work?????

·
Banned
1,695 Posts
oil pumps are the same. cannot use 2.5 pan on 2.2 block, cannot use 1984 2.2 pan on 2.5 block, cannot use 2.5 pickup in 2.2 engine, cannot use 2.2 pickup in 2.5 engine.

·
Registered
634 Posts
ya, i need to know if they are different.....

·
Banned
1,695 Posts
here's how you can determine if there is a difference. go to any parts store web site (www.napaonline.com, www.autozone.com, etc.) enter the year make model car, select engine size, find "oil pump" part number. start over with different car, engine etc. if part numbers are the same then they will interchange. not rocket science heck even an uneducated idiot like me figured that one out myself.... and that was before the internet GAVE me any answers... I learned how do do this by RTFB (read the factory book)

additionally, his question had nothing to do with common block. 1984 and 1986 are well before that engine design came into existance.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
22dodge said:
additionally, his question had nothing to do with common block. 1984 and 1986 are well before that engine design came into existance.
your right, but now the info is out there for other readers,
since the thread title may draw people with commom blocks ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts