Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone could help me out an tell me if a motocraft 2150 2bbl will fit on my 84 rampage. I really can't afford a Weber but looking for alil more performance. An the motocraft 2150 with 1.21 ventris flows respectably at 351cfm. But will it bolt up?

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
i believe the bolt pattern on the bottom of the carb is different and you will have to mod a few things on the carb to make it work

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
go get a 4" x 4" x 1/2" aluminum plate, a base plate to intake gasket and a 72 carter 2 barrel slant 6 base gasket and the Carter reman carb.

Set the 2.2 base gasket on the aluminum plate and drill the 4 holes for the base. Then flip it over and use a large drill bit like a 5/8" to chamfer the other side. Flip it back over and center the Carter gasket as well as you can and drill those 4 holes. Then chamber that side.

The bolt holes for the intake base you want large enough that the bolt goes through easy into the intak manifold. The drill bit for the carb side is smaller so you can tap the bolt threads into the base plate, then screw the bolt into it. The 4 bolts are counter sink to go into the chamfer. So you tighten the 4 carb bolts into the plate, then bolt the plate to the intake leaving 4 studs sticking up. Then cut the holes for the carb barrels. Pretty easy really with a good drill.

·
Registered
353 Posts
This method that you just described is how I put a Holley 500 2 barrell on my old 81 2.2, but doing it again I would have gone with the 350 4 barrell.

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
390 4 barrel lol

I've seen the B&M intake used for the 390 4 barrel, really nice combo. I think I'd rather have the blower with it too, but the blower intake is great for a carb, short runners, equal length and lots of plenum.

For the daily drivers out the the Carter swap I would think would be popular, 250 CFM and the jetting is close.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts