Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i am new to the turbo world. i have a 89 lebaron turbo. i am gettin ready to bolt my 2.2 into a car with the 2.5 5-speed. i need to know if the bellhousings are the same and what it takes to put my turbo on the new car. like i said i am not to smart on this stuff. i like the old rwd cars but i have a fun lebaron so i figured i would learn and have a blast

· Registered
2,028 Posts
you can hit the "edit" button on the post you just made to correct or change things, no need to make another post

2.5 has more torque which is what moves the car, but if you dont have traction its pointless. Normally if its mostly stock 2.5 is good(especially with an auto), for a wild race setup 2.2 is better IMO.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok so run the 2.2 turbo auto for best. i want it stick so i will probably go 2.2 turbo manual. my parts car guy backed out so i think i maght get a '89 soft top and dont know about the tranny yet. but 2.2 turbo is best?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.