Registered
926 Posts
91DodgeSpiritRT said:
Kurt,
Got $2300?

Mike
Mike,

YES.

however someone asked about getting superchargers rebuilt. JonyMopar said he had no luck with the usual blower rebuilders, so i thought i'd bring the question up again, see if anyone had any new info.

·
Banned
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Kurt,

A company named Atkins Rotary bought Camden Manufacturing (the company that made Carroll Shelby's first supercharger) lock stock and barrel.
I asked Andy at Atkins if they woould re-issue the supercharger. They said they would if I could get 15 buyers at $2300 each. You can visit their website at CamdenSuperchargers.com or here's the address:
Rotary Specialties.
Camden Superchargers
16715 Meridian East Bldg K-A
Puyallup WA 98375
PHONE: 1-(253)-848-7776
FAX: (253)-848-3284

I have three or four possibles and probably several more (bullshitters) that have to ask their wives or girlfriends if they can buy one. I have dropped the issue for now.

Mike

·
Registered
926 Posts
very good information! I'll be checking out the www soon!

like you said though, a lot of "i wish i could...." going on. probably not going to happen. guess i'll have to keep my eyes open for an old one to pop up and maybe get lucky!! good luck with finding the other people though. it's nice to be in control of your own money though isn't it?? my GF doesn't care as long as i let her drive my toys.

guess i'll put that $$ towards a Vortech for my Lexus IS300 instead. (unless i find a used one soon...)

·
Registered
15 Posts
DC B&M Superchager

Anyone still interested in one of the Original Direct Connection B&M blowers, I have one that I bought 2-3 years ago and have never used. It is all there and was never run but it was installed on a demo engine by the previous owner. It is by B&M. I need to unpack it and I will send pictures if you are interested. Looking to get $1500 plus shipping. (About $50 if I remember correctly form FL to WA.)
It came to me well packed and I looked it over to ensure that it had never been run. Turns over smooth. I hope to get pictures up by the 15th of July at the latest.
Phil

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: DC B&M Superchager

Anyone still interested in one of the Original Direct Connection B&M blowers, I have one that I bought 2-3 years ago and have never used. It is all there and was never run but it was installed on a demo engine by the previous owner. It is by B&M. I need to unpack it and I will send pictures if you are interested. Looking to get $1500 plus shipping. (About $50 if I remember correctly form FL to WA.)
It came to me well packed and I looked it over to ensure that it had never been run. Turns over smooth. I hope to get pictures up by the 15th of July at the latest.
Phil
hey there do you still have that supercharger? i have a 84 dodge rampage and im wanting to put one on it...you can email me at [email protected] or im on yahoo at mikbigins69..let me know

·
Banned
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I bought this one from Phil about a month ago. Rather than keep you waiting, I'm responding as I don't know if he is on here much. You will find another one as I'm sure there are a few out there gathering dust. I gave up on finding one and this one popped up. I wish you the best in find one - I'm sure there's one more out there.

Mike

·
Banned
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I still have it in the box as I'm trying to put my GLH back on the road after rebuilding it's front end and interior. What do you want pictures of? I could take parts out and take pictures with my webcam and send them when I get a chance. Some of the large parts are pictured in this thread. A Mopar seller on ebay has a nos Mopar SC kit for $2000. There were no bids in the auction for it. He still has it. The seller is fmmpr.

Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey nice vid, i see you bombing around town sometimes
This is Kevin, Waynes son (1987 white shelby z)
I have a 3inch cat back exhast to put on this spring! Jeff going to take the measurements and see if he can get one made up for him as well.
Kevin

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Rosco, I know where you got that pic. I bought that setup from the guy who was selling it and a Rampage. There's also a header and Weber (I think) carburator with it. It's now sitting in my garage waiting its turn in my list of projects. It's going into my 83 Rampage. The carb will end up sticking through the hood a few inches and I'd like to cover it with a shaker scoop replica. Of course it would have to be smaller. Anybody have any ideas on how to build one or get one built? I'm looking for as inexpensive a solution as possible, but it's still got to look good.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Shape it in styrofoam. Use carboard templates to make sure it is symetrical. Two layers of fiberglass. Include the attachment flair in the foam. dimple the hood where the pop rivets will be, cut the opening.

Or not. How big is a shaker scoop?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the idea. Seems simple now. I've gathered several pictures and from what I can tell of the size, a real one would take up most of the hood on my little ol Rampage.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Get a pack of disposable surgical gloves from Harbour Freight when you work with fiberglass unless you like the "itchy-scratchies" between your fingers for two weeks after sanding it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I don't mean to be a kill joy but..... you already have to cut out a piece of the firewall just to clear the carb..... and a "shaker" hood scoop on a V8 rocks from side to side... my engine moves so much that some times the carb will hit the firewall :( ... and that is with solid mounts.... plus... the hole that is cut in the hood is off center.....
But... if you can get it to work ..... I would love to see the pics of your build :thumb:

·
Registered
645 Posts
I don't mean to be a kill joy but..... you already have to cut out a piece of the firewall just to clear the carb..... and a "shaker" hood scoop on a V8 rocks from side to side... my engine moves so much that some times the carb will hit the firewall :( ... and that is with solid mounts.... plus... the hole that is cut in the hood is off center.....
But... if you can get it to work ..... I would love to see the pics of your build :thumb:

Do you have pics of the hood cutout and the firewall cutout? And even measurements if you could. If I have to cut the firewall I may be selling my setup. :(
I have a turbo hood and it looks like the grilled hole is close to where the carb sits, at least I was hoping.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Do you have pics of the hood cutout and the firewall cutout? And even measurements if you could. If I have to cut the firewall I may be selling my setup. :(
I have a turbo hood and it looks like the grilled hole is close to where the carb sits, at least I was hoping.
I'm gonna need your e-mail addy... I took some pics for ya, but they are big....lol... I hope they help ya:thumb:

21 - 40 of 77 Posts