Turbo Dodge Forums banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
I need Supercharger help. i got a Direct Connection B&M supercharger that i'm trying to figure out. im new to this site. i've been getting help from other sources. but they dont have info on this B&M blower. i have stock rods, and JEpistons(flat top), 20over and a 430cam. I've got a 460mopar cam and everything else i need for another head. i was goin to get a ported head and drop in a thicker head gasket after putting a head together. would that be a safer route or wont it make a differece if the blower went on now. the only thing i need is the carb plate and the throttle cable bracket. i'm going to try and have them made in a few weeks. does it make a difference on how big that plate is? i have a friend whos selling a water methanol injection kit and told me to put it on my car. it runs of vaccum. should i have a plate made for under the blower for this injection kit to keep the temp down? I have a nos carb jet kit from mopar also, should i run the biggest jets or get a weber 38? about how far out of the hood will the filter sit? i have a K&N assembly. i believe i got the last one they had. i have a 1 3/4in tall filter and a 3 1/4 in tall filter. does anyone know where i can get a scoop that looks simillar to the charger 2.2 scoop that will cover the filter?? my turismo is on cardomain ride# 2146925

·
Registered
480 Posts
dragonslayer,
hey what part of washington do you live in? im stationed at fort lewis, wa. originally from michigan. i did bring my turismo with me. i got a supercharger that im trying to fill in.. i need to the carb adapter plate. the kit i got was used but it dont look like it had more then 10,000 miles on it. not that anyone could tell what that looks like. but how could i get you to get that bracket off and have it re-made by a machine shop???? does you rampage have power steering?? i have the powersteering belt ir you want it. i believe i have the power steering pulley too. if it's not that then it must be a larger pulley for the blower to give less boost?? not sure. i can send pic's if you want? i talked to the guy who had that rampage and blower engine you have. i've been trying to get ahold of you for some help.. i hope you can help with my project.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I got mine on ebay for 1000$ it was used but very very little. direct connections dont make that kit no more. just keep looking on ebay. they will pop up every once and a while. there was one on ebay a couple of weeks ago actually. not sure if it sold. i've got pics on cardomain if you wanna chek it out. it's the 84 turismo 2.2(soon to be supercharged). just sent the valve cover in to have it powder coated and picked up some grade 8 bolts aswell. got hemi orange to paint the blower and intake manifold aswell. im goin to paint the valve cover letters orange aswell. i think that will pop. if you want more info let me know. google is you best friend if you dig deep and wide. hope you find one someday. if your new to the 2.2/2.5 then get to know your car first before you start tricking it out. you cant get as much out of a carb as you can a fuel injected turbo. money vs performance.. look into it. i didnt when i first started and now there's no since in going back. i know i cant get half of what i've put into my car. best of luck to you and the rampage...

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Re: nice pic

Damn that looks hot. You said it was boxed up. Are you not using it?
no, hes taking it off the car everytime he turns it off for save keeping :rolleyes:

just out of curiosity what is the point of these? i mean the turbos seem to be much more benificial. is it for the NA models that a supercharger was easier to put on?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Supercharger2.2,
hey im trying to make a carb adapter plate for my blower. the used kit i got didnt come with one. i have a block of aluminum already. it's 1inch thick, and 5in long and 4in wide. im not sure where to cut out the hole for the throttle plates. i have the stock holley carb. it you could give me some measurements that'd be great. hope you can help.

·
Banned
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Guys, I bought a supercharger with Weber carb on ebay last year. I haven't done anything with it as I was told by a member (on our team omni mailing list) that I would need forged pistons and a forged crankshaft in order to run the SC without problems. My engine was rebuilt to stock specs and I thought the SC was MADE for this engine with stock specs. To the best of my knowlege - the pistons and crank are stock replacements. Despite the engine being rebuilt 9 years ago, I have less than three thousand on it and I hope I don't know to have it pulled apart just to use the SC. What's the scoop on this?

Mike

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Assuming your rebuilt engine is healthy and has lots of compression, you won't have any issues running a supercharger on stock cast flat top pistons. The directions for the supercharger indicate the use of a shim, either a copper one, or two head gaskets stacked together to reduce the compression ratio, thereby making it safe to run. As long as you don't exceed the stock 5 psi pulley and have your carb jetted appropriately, the supercharger is more than safe for use on a daily driving vehicle.

Regards, TheCanadian

·
Registered
52 Posts
61 - 77 of 77 Posts