Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gents,

Would anybody happen to have the rubber isolators and the other support piece that would go behind the nut in the first image shown? Or know where one is located to purchase? It should be the same or look very similar to the one on the bolt end side in this second image

I was driving today and heard the alternator start squealing. I took and look and the locking nut and isolator had completely worked itself off. I have the bolt and nut still but isolator is gone.

For better reference in this diagram, or is specifically items #19 and #20

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Replaced mine with those from polybushings.com & they work great as long as you use a dab of poly grease on them. Rubber inside alt mount, Part #9, on mine had broken free from the metal edges. Polybushings didn't handle a replacement & no new parts were available. Removed, & thoroughly cleaned then roughed metal with sand paper and cleaned again. Warmed part with a heat gun and filled all cracks with E-6000 Black glue & let cure for 48 hours. After 8 years it's still good. Also, Youtube has several DIY videos how to fill suspension and other mounting parts with Poly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts