Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This machine shop locally has an '87 Daytona Shelby Z they are parting after the owner disappeared leaving them with a rebuilt engine on the stand. Heres what they said was done o the 2.2L intercooled engine:

Block was cleaned in chemical vat. Honed in a Peterson block hoan. Block has been decked (surfaced) .004 align bore was inspected and checked out good. Rods were checked for straightness, then resized. Crank was micro polished std. with rods at 1.9685 no taper and no out of round. Mains are 2.3625 with no out of round and no taper. Cylinder head was cleaned- glass beaded. Surfaced .006 Installed all new valve guides with locking rinfs to prevent slippage. Valves ground with 3 angle seats. Cam journals were align bored to original size. Valves fitted with Viton P.C. seals. Hydrolic lash adjusters were taken apart, cleaned, checked and reassembled. Factory pistons were in excellent condition and installed with new Hastings Moly rings.Used a Victor nitro seal, heavy duty head gasket with new head bolts. Clevite bearings.

Does it sound worth the money?

· Registered
768 Posts
City of Kansas City is too far for me..

CB or not, rebuilt engine for $500 is cheap.
Oh yeah...no doubt. Problem is that I already have 2 complete TII engines, lol. I really need a CB for my next build... $500 for a rebuilt CB would have saved me the trouble of tearing down my n/a 2.5L and rebuilding that. Oh well. At least my lifted shadow es will finally get that TII it's been waiting for. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.