Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a free 1991 dodge spirit R/T the other day.. yes free... spotless! the issues are the transmission linkage needs some work and the Intermediate shaft that drives the oil pump is out and is rounding off the gear teeth on the oil pump.. I know keep the belt tight ect.. but the teeth on the shaft are shot.. i have looked EVERYWHERE.. for this shaft.. none of them seem to be in North America
My questions..

Does a 2.5L turbo intermediate shaft fit a 2.2 turbo?

I hear there was an aftermarket shaft made in a kit due to this oil pump issue that many of these engines had any ideas on if you can even get the aftermarket one?

If you find one or know where to get one PLEASE post a link on this thread! I would prefer not to buy used..

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just finished putting in a new shaft, pump, and timing belt... I got the shaft from Cindy in FWDPerformance.com... She has them in stock, very affordable, and very fast shipping..... She hooked me up... Go to her website, or give her a call... As for the pump, I went to rock auto and got a standard pump... I ran into a little trouble getting the pump to line up in the engine.. You have to maintain pressure on it with your hand while you are putting in the bolts... Just a heads up for you... Other than that everything went smooth... I hope this helps...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just finished putting in a new shaft, pump, and timing belt... I got the shaft from Cindy in FWDPerformance.com... She has them in stock, very affordable, and very fast shipping..... She hooked me up... Go to her website, or give her a call... As for the pump, I went to rock auto and got a standard pump... I ran into a little trouble getting the pump to line up in the engine.. You have to maintain pressure on it with your hand while you are putting in the bolts... Just a heads up for you... Other than that everything went smooth... I hope this helps...
You are a life saver! Thank you my friend!!!!! I was about to kill someone looking for this.. I was looking for HOURS..:bang head

·
Registered
113 Posts
Glad I could be of help,,,, I was in your shoes just a few days ago... Glad to have a place like this, and the people here that are so willing to help....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts