Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got an answer from the guy that made my adapter to bolt a smallblock 904 (or smallblock stick) to the 2.4L he will make 5 minimum they will cost about 325 to 350 each if any one is interested please pm me or e-mail me and we can get the ball rollen,I can also have the convertors built if you would need one and I build auto trannys too ( i work for dynamic racingtrans and TCT conv.)the adapters are 3/8 " thick,i have had my for a few years now working great had the trans out a number of times to get the stall rite and do different things to the trans.the 2.4 will be straight up in the RWD convertion not tilted like the FWD.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Re: guaging interest in 2.4/904 adapter

What is needed besides the adapter to mate a torqueflite to a 2.4? Since guys are using 520/555 trannies with the 2.4, I'm assuming you could use this adapter with a 2.2/2.5. Am I correct? How much are the converters?

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

not sure about the 2.2/2.5 i know the starters are in differnt spots.you will have to grind the torqflite a little to clear the bolts that hold the adapter to the 2.4,I will supply the button head bolts needed and the dowel pins,the conv. are different prices depending on what you want or need .

·
Registered
242 Posts

Anthony,

Put me down for one but, you already knew that! Guys, Anthony is a great seller and has sold me a built ATX in the past that he built that was/is bullet-proof.

Dave B

·
Registered
541 Posts

I'll buy one from you.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Besides the motor plate what is in the kit ? A 2.4 flexplate redrilled for the torkflite converter and a crank spacer ? A link to pictures would be a big seller. I have wanted to make up one or two myself but life keeps getting in the way. Buying one ready made might be the only way to get things rolling.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

ill take some pics this weekend of mine.I use the stock 2.4 flexplate,you dont use a torqeflite conv,you'll need to have a conv made 413 core will work but you need 904 input splines,I ll supply the button head bolts and the dowl pins for the torqeflite you should have the 2.4 dowlpins in your block already.no crank spacer needed at all

·
Registered
731 Posts

Why would you not use a 904 converter? It'd be so much easier if you could just run an aftermarket 904 converter instead of getting one custom made...?

·
Registered
25 Posts

I was also interested in why not a torkflite converter,but was waiting to see the pics . I thought there must be something that I am over looking .

·
Registered
337 Posts

I would like one, but.....I would have to be able to use a 904 conv. Then, if it were to accept the 904, why not make it accept the 727. They both mount the same, just the converters don't interchange. Plus, if the stall isn't quite right, I would have to send it back to have it redone. Not trying to be a pain or anything, I would love to have one.

John O.
Crete, Ne.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

the adapter will work with all smallblock mopar transmissions and the 3.9L v6 as well either auto or stick The reason I didnt go with a 904 conv.is that the ring gear is part of the conv.,with the set up i came up with you use the stock 2.4 flywheel and the stock starter. if you were to use the 904/727 conv. then you would need a custom flexplate. pics are coming soon I had to give the adapter to the fabricater to take some more measurements so as soon as i get it back i will post pics and go from there sorry its taking so long i probably should of waited till he did what he needs to do.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts

I allready have a converter that will work since I have a 904 input shaft in my 2.4 3spd auto. Only thing is if I ever get off my but to work on a RWD 2.4 I will be using a 5spd, since I dont see the need in my FWD

PatsPerformance Converter can build you a converter for a good price, I believe they may also be willing to switch the hubs so you can have a stock converter w/ 904/727 hub.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

727 and 904's have different hubs you could use the 413 hub if you use a late set (a500) of pumpgears in the 904,I will be taking some pics tomarrow morning so ill post them asap.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts

As you look at the convertor option remember that the 2.0/2.4 family like the 2.2/2.5 family of flexplates is set up for a 10"od convertor. Using an aftermarket 10" 904 convertor you will have less work mating the two together. A stock 904 v-8 convertor is nearly the same OD as the smaller 4 popper flexplate, over 11".

I've already done a bit of research for my own 904/2.5 setup and it realy shouldnt cost too much for the convertor labor, just buy a good aftermarket 10" covertor (300-400$ and up)and remove the ring gear, weld tabs or reface with a 413 snout.
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:wQmBuPjMUBvpZM:http://www.compperformancegroupstores.com/store/graphics/00000006/400_strtfighter.jpg
Above is the attached ring gear someone brought up, easily removed.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

I took pics can someone post them if i e-mail to ya? Thanx. BTW russ is rite the stock 413 conv. is based on a 10" conv. but I did alot of trial and error and a conv that will stall 4000 behind a small block wont even come close to that behind a 4cyl,it all based on torque. we(TCT/DYNAMIC) could build a 9.5 conv. that you would be able to stall 2500 up to 4000. or if you need more we could build an 8" or even the 7" which I have and I get 7000rpm on t-brake and 3800 on foot brake. I would be happy to help anyone out as much as possible just ask......

1 - 20 of 82 Posts