Turbo Dodge Forums banner

61 - 80 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
My convertible would look nice with a 2.4 motor. I'm fixin' to spend over $1000 to get an 8valve head done up; could I do a 2.4 swap for that amount?

·
RIP
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
2.4 Swap

If you want to just drop a stock 2.4 in it then you can definitely do it for $1,000. But, if you want to boost it, then you won't do it for $1,000. You'll have more than that in just the engine alone.

Carlos

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
lotsaboost said:
If you want to just drop a stock 2.4 in it then you can definitely do it for $1,000. But, if you want to boost it, then you won't do it for $1,000. You'll have more than that in just the engine alone.

Carlos

I have a pretty decent turbo already. I realize the bottom end needs some strengthening on the 2.4, i.e. pistons and rods. My current 8v engine is pretty stout with only 1200 miles, I could probably sell it off to fund the 2.4

·
Registered
256 Posts
So...

Well, I've been stockpiling parts and such for a couple years now, and think that I may have to find an srt motor...
Any more news on the big secret?
How's it driving, and how many miles have you racked up?

Please enlighten me further, so I can smack some dsms (even the one I also own).

Jon

·
RIP
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Any more news on the big secret?
Well, I had it 3/4 done, but vacation trips and family responsibilities put it on hold. But I started it again and it's almost done. Just like the 2.4/5 spd. swap, everyone kept saying it was impossible. As I drew it up and planned it on paper, I thought...This can be done and quite simply too. You'll see.

How's it driving, and how many miles have you racked up?
MY 2.4 has been great. Most of(if not all) of my current projects involve a 2.4. It's really simple to work with(in my opinion). Even though I haven't driven it for 3 months, I've put about 5k miles on it. I just installed a Holset, Larger intercooler and injectors and upgraded to 3" exhaust. So we'll see how it runs in a few days.

Please enlighten me further, so I can smack some dsms (even the one I also own).
Funny you mention DSM's. After my "secret" project is done you'll want to smack'em around that much more. That's it, no more info.

Carlos

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hmmm...

Maybe an awd omni? I've wanted to compare bellhousings, but haven't gotten to it... Not to mention different rotations of the engines...

Something makes me want to come to Toledo and check the Daytona out...

Maybe I'll wait until I've got a running td.

·
Registered
256 Posts
hahahahaha

Yes, funny I know, but it'd be damn fun. Hell, I learned to drive sideways in dirt and snow in one of em, I've gotten a decent grip on the talon's abilities, so hey, why not the best of both?
Other than reality?;)
I'm guessing an awd vw's driveline might swap easier, due to overall size, but then again, I haven't looked at dimensions.
And well, like I said, my td isn't one at the moment. Right now it's an n/a omni body with 30k on the clock, and a driveline waiting to go in...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Was this a turbo motor or did you add a turbo to it? I am considering purchasing a complete turbo motor and swapping it into my '92 LeBaron, obviously a very similar installation. Your car looks awesome!

·
Registered
256 Posts
quote:i was at the your shop today with my 89 csx and i have your dist kit for your 2.4 motor and they said you are on vaction, call me at the shop thankx:quote

Is that you on ebay with those?

61 - 80 of 137 Posts