Turbo Dodge Forums banner

121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
RIP
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Ya, I got a lot of compliments with that setup especially after I upgraded to the Holset. Unfortunately, the Daytona is resting in peace but all is not lost as I have that powertrain in my soon to be done Omni project which is headed to SDAC.

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
Ya, I got a lot of compliments with that setup especially after I upgraded to the Holset. Unfortunately, the Daytona is resting in peace but all is not lost as I have that powertrain in my soon to be done Omni project which is headed to SDAC.

cant wait to see the omni and talk to you again at SDAC this year carlos!

cory

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I think it's funny that there were jokes and hints thrown around about the Omni so long ago!! Now look what's happened! :D :thumb:

·
RIP
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
cant wait to see the omni and talk to you again at SDAC this year carlos!
Mutual sentiments. Last year was my first time at SDAC, I'm really looking forward to this one.

I think it's funny that there were jokes and hints thrown around about the Omni so long ago!! Now look what's happened!
Yeah, and I actually had this thing 100% done back then! But just as I started removing/rerouting some things I didn't like, my mom had a stroke and I was pretty much handling that myself. And, personal issues forced me to move for the 3rd time in the last couple years. Then, I had to deal with some health issues of my own as well as work related issues. I was forced to literally leave the Omni outside for a couple years and the winters just took their toll on it. Last year I was able to get some stability and start working on it a bit at a time. I still don't have all my equipment moved in to my new place but I'm commited to getting this project done! So, give me a little more time just about finished and, maybe we can go STI hunting.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Looking forward to that day man, I know this is possible and I can't wait to get started on my AWD Omni. The drivetrain will be a copy of yours I believe. That is just too sexy.

I am glad you are coming out of the woods, and life is giving you some time to breath. I understand completely

Chris

·
Registered
156 Posts
this is where im havin troubles. what did you do? i had this in my neon for a while, now im looking into puttin it into my shadow. with a manual transmission. so ur running early turbo flywheel and clutch with looks like a 2.4 starter.. clear me up if im wrong. i do have srt4 oil pan so i do have the option of running my oil feed from their. but im thinkin i might have to put a restriction due to high oil pressure. i dunno yet. o..and mine is just oil cooled setup right now, not water cooled .

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
that explains a lot... this was a 2000 or 2001 strat 2.4 block. thanks. ill have to put the starter back their and find the heat shield.. i dunno if its gunna clear my header/ manifold its made from a dohc neon exhaust manifold with a turbo flange welded on. i had a buddy , had someone do it at his old work.. it was all cracked up to start with. its beautiful now :) i always like to think theirs a little cat into my turbo motor now.. ( cause their is a piece of catapillar block in the manifold..lol.

·
Banned
1,016 Posts
I'm using the Stratus TB. I had to plug the the IAC hole in the intake as this was meant to use a Neon TB.
I made a distributor housing out of billet aluminum and transfered the stock distrubutor internals. It'll have to be modded to fire backwards. You'll have to swith the signal wires somewhere between the distributor and SBEC. I did it at the SBEC. The two wires are at the SBEC 60 way connector. Swap terminal 24 with terminal 44.
The reason I made the distributor is because I had planned on offering it for sale but you can just make an adapter to use you're existing distributor.
My computer crashed and I lost my EMS files and I don't know when I'm going to design another one, so I scrapped that Idea.
Anyway, hope this helps.
Carlos
I recently picked up an 87 Shelby charger sans engine and trans. I was debating on going either a turbo 2.0 route or 2.4 from a PT cruiser turbo. Will the srt/pt turbo clear the firewall on an L-body?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm not sure I'll get an answer as it appears the OP is no longer with us in one way or the other, but I have a question I can't find an answer to after reading a lot of swap threads:

If you swap in the 2.4 turbo engine (or even the NA one), can you retain the air conditioning? One of the pluses of my Daytona is how well the AC worked. I have not seen a compressor in any of the swap pics.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question, but I doubt you will see an AC compressor in any completed 2.4 swap pics since the compressor is located at the bottom of the engine bay under everything else.

121 - 137 of 137 Posts