Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I need some help guys. I want to do a 2.4L/2.2L hybrid but all motor because ive had a turbo daytona and i just want to see what i can do n/a but the g-head just wont cut it for me and 16.3 @ 84mph in the quarter on a stock h.o. shelby charger is way to slow for me. So i was wondering if going n/a what would i need to get that head to bolt on because i plan on buying the billet high compression pistons and running them with a cast crank and good rods. i know you have to run lines from the head to the block after you block off those oil passages, and get different cam wheels,but what about piston modification? All advice helps me greatly.
Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
9,140 Posts
obviously you would want a "high-compression" piston for an N/A application,
as opposed to a 'forced-induction' piston which would be lower compression (typically)

as far as what (types of) pistons are (readily) available for this hybrid application,
I would start by talking with FWD Performance...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have been pondering this idea as well. Just because I can find the necessary parts so much easier than the turbo parts. At least in my area that is. Plus I have built a DOHC neon before, and it's something I'm familiar with.
Has anyone built a N/A hybrid yet?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.