Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 Daytona with 2.5 turbo1. The Turbo went in it, and I got a rebuilt Mitsu T1 from Fwdperformance. After some thought, and knowing the motor itself was pretty tired. I decided to put a new motor in the car, and fully restore it. (I just love the car, and have had turbo daytonas, since I was 17) I wanted to make it fairly stock, but strong. Since I had a new T1 turbo, I was'nt going to go crazy with alot of boost, or intercooler, but wanted to bump horsepower up around 205. So I got a 2.5 Shortblock from Fwd. Then got a stage 1 ported G head, or (bathtub) head. the F2 cam 260 dur/467 lift and roller rockers. Ported 1 piece intake, 804 injectors and billet fuel rail. The exhaust already on the car is 2.5 downpipe, hi flow catco converter, 2.5 inch pipes and a dynomax ultraflow muffler. I got a stage 3 calibration ECU from Fwd. I have a g-valve, and am going set boost at around 10.5 psi, knowing that you don't want to go over 12 or 13 psi on a non-intercooled turbo. My question is do you believe that this is a good engine combo? Any guess as to power numbers? Do you think this will make my 200hp goal? Any tips or advice. All advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
You can go all the way to 14.5 on that mitsu without intercooling it. If you want the best outcome, get a meth injection kit to help with the cooling. Just make sure you run super 92-93 octane.
I say at the very least put a stock t2 radiator intercooler setup, going front mount is best but will cost $500-600 or so doing it right.

·
Registered
145 Posts
it is VERY EASY to install an IC, especially in cars without he flip up headlamps. And yes as said before, you can run a solid 14.5psi easily on a mitsu.

Purchase a new cal from cindy!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Any guess as to horsepower with the mods I've already made?
i don't know the numbers your looking for but i KNOW you'll be happy with the setup. I beat mine to a blown head gasket (been in TD's for 2 years and have performed at least 5 maybe a few more) and she just keeps coming back. I went with stock t2 radiator/ic +20's and big boost...left the other people going :eek:HOLY SH1T:eek: did that just really happen?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts