Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ne:rolleyes:w to this site. Sure has a lot of good and helpful info and tips.
My question is about the amount of horse power my 2.5 turbo could produce in my pulling tractor. The pulls would last 10 to 15 seconds at full power.
The following is the setup I will be starting with.

2.5 turbo engine
Have a G head I could put on it. Could port it and o-ring.
Have made a header that places the turbo in front of the engine to move it away from the driver.
Starter turbo to3 off a 4 cly. Ford.
Exhaust pipe is 2-1/2 in and about 14 in long, makes a 90 degree turn up.
Have a draw through manifold.
Will start with a 600 cfm 4 barrel carb.
Using a the waste gate casting assembly off a to3 out of a turbo Saab
Modified a slant 6 distributor housing with Chrysler electronic ignition and using the v-8 distributor cap with every other tower cut off (fits on slant 6 housing). Also the v-8 star wheel will fit the slant 6 distributor shaft. Ground off every other point. Will use mechanical weights for timing advance of around 20 degrees total advance.
Early 2.2 turbo cam.
High pressure water injection.
Plan on 20 to 25 pds. boost.

Any helpful comments or ideas?
Thanks

·
Registered
898 Posts
hmm, sounds like a decent setup, but maybe more for the street, i think if your really wanting to get into pulling weight with it you will need quite a bit of money into the motor. are there any 4 cylinders in sled pulling?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The class I will be pulling in allows only 4 cyl engines. There are not any other dodge 4 cyl. pulling in the the club. There may be in other clubs in Iowa, but I haven't heard of any. There is a 2.2 turbo pulling in Neb. that I have been told is pretty awsome. There are a lot of natural aspirated fords, and a few chevys. There was one ford t-bird 4 cyl. turbo a few years ago that really had a lot of power and ran well. He was runing the stock turbo a 4barrel carb and the factory cast iron exhaust. The setup for the naturally aspirated ford puts out around 200 to 250 horsepower. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts