Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2.5 turbo motor out of a van and will be putting it into a vw kitcar. what changes will i have to make to the motor to have it run right. the flywheel will now be pointing to the front of the car, will i have to mod the oil pan?

· Registered
637 Posts
i have a 2.5 turbo motor out of a van and will be putting it into a vw kitcar. what changes will i have to make to the motor to have it run right. the flywheel will now be pointing to the front of the car, will i have to mod the oil pan?
I dont think you are going to have any problem with the fact of the flywheel being in the front of the car, the engine still turning clockwise just like a vw engine, I think the hardest part will be the cooling, making sure the radiator get some airflow............

Andres

· Helping when I can
1,327 Posts

· Registered
427 Posts
the extra power will go to waste as the trans can only handle about 110-120mph. The one from MI topped out at around that all day at the track.

· Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2.5 turbo motor out of a van and will be putting it into a vw kitcar. what changes will I have to make to the motor to have it run right. the flywheel will now be pointing to the front of the car, will I have to mod the oil pan?
If you're still working on this idea, you might find the information you need from Kennedy Engineered Products in Palmdale, California, since they have an adapter for a 2.5 swap.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.