Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1984 Dodge Rampage Turbo
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever purchase replacement DNJ pistons for their 2.5T? If anyone has installed them, how do you feel about them long term? Comments say they are cast pistons.

I understand these are not JE's, etc. but how do they compare to the OEM Mahle?

Open to critical comments.

Automotive lighting Material property Cosmetics Font Service

· Registered
1984 Dodge Rampage Turbo
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@arieskcar ,

So it seems from a past post the only issue you had was with the circleclips? But overall you felt they were a good replacement equivalent to the stock Mahle?

I definitely know to stay away from the Hypers, pretty clear on Donnovans site, and yours!

I have had to switch gears on both the van and the car. Had bigger plans for both, but I have 2 kitchens, 2 bathrooms to remodel by myself for our rental business to get done. Wife is sick of only one bathroom in our house, and it is pink!

Plan now is just get both back together, put my Garrett from the Rampage in the van, put the Mitsu in the Rampage, and intercool both. Crank up boost to 15 for a little passing power, and run them.

· Registered
1984 Dodge Rampage Turbo
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DNJ does not make a piston for the early T-1's, and I see that ITM makes a piston for the early T1's, ITM-RY6715; cannot find any details weather they are cast or hyper pistons. Also need to find pistons for the Rampage. :unsure:

Household hardware Font Bicycle part Auto part Gas

· Registered
1984 Dodge Rampage Turbo
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have yet to pull the slugs from my early T1, but I thought the early T1's were a press pin, and the rest had a floating. Thought the picture was weird. Good to know that it is easy to tell if they are hyper by stamping on inside.

· Registered
1984 Dodge Rampage Turbo
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sealed Power 533P were the the closest to factory when available in cast, they look like Hypers now.

Randy, thank you for this info.

Just curious, Part # is 533P .50mm - is this an oversize piston, or is it standard size? The .50mm is throwing me off.

Steve (TurboDodgeParts) has mentioned these pistons in a past post, did not like the quality. Are these better than a hyper, the same, or better quality? (Equivalent to OEM?)

I have heard (was it our conversation) of A,B, and C pistons. I noticed on two of mine in the dish are marked B, and two are marked C. Should I be concerned of the lettering, cylinder placement?

Does Sealed Power make an equivalent for a 2.5T?

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts