Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an 89 Voyager 2.5 (auto) currently running the stock Mitsubishi turbo on a manual boost controller set to 13psi (Gillis boost valve for controller) and a stock Lancer T2 intercooler, electric exhaust cutout, 255 fuel pump already installed. Otherwise van is stock.

I have the following items awaiting install:

Adjustable FPR, +40% injectors, Autometer 20psi boost gauge, AEM UEGO wideband, PT lifter upgrade.

Now to my question. This is the first turbo dodge I have ever modified so I need some help on turbo selection. My goal is to get this van into the mid 13s at full weight and can be driven daily.

I need a turbo that will be easy to obtain (stocked by a vendor), bolts right up without having to redrill flanges or clearancing and lastly won’t be a tuning nightmare.

Keep in mind I’m a novice here trying to learn as a go. I will be doing all the installation myself.

Please let me know what turbo you recommend and maybe where I can obtain it (USA)

Thanks

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
What's your plan of the ECU control? There are only three vendors that sell drop-in turbos, check them out.
Forward Motion
FWD Performance
Turbos Unleashed

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not totally sure yet on the ECU control. I am still reading up on that. I know I will need a 3 BAR MAP sensor and will likely go with a pre-made calibration depending on which turbo i go with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts