Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I pulled my head off the other day to replace it with one that is not cracked and I seen a sticker on the side of the block that said service engine 1997 parts. Then I pulled all the brackets off and got to see the whole sticker and it says 2.5L.

Just wanted to see what input everyone had on that and why do you think they would do that

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know it had a head replaced by a dealer in 96 I have the papers on that. All covered under the service contract the car had soo it may have had the lower end done after that.

I just dont see why they would use a 2.5 or is that just what they use to replace any lower end with?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I know it had a head replaced by a dealer in 96 I have the papers on that. All covered under the service contract the car had soo it may have had the lower end done after that.

I just dont see why they would use a 2.5 or is that just what they use to replace any lower end with?
Does the block have a hole for a distributer? Any records of intermediate shaft failure?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope no hole for the distributer. I dont know about any intermediate shaft failure. I dont really know much about the car at all I just got it a month ago.

·
Registered
127 Posts
was the car originally from mexico? if they replaced it with a 2.5l, they would have to reflash the chip for a 2.5 t3(?!), unless they made t3s with 2.5 in mex. id love to get my dirty hands on one

travis

·
Helping when I can
1,326 Posts
I wouldn't just assume it really displaces 2.5 - it could have 2.2 guts in it.

Don't you just love a mystery?

I guess not...:p

·
Premium Member
4,344 Posts
Yeah just put one piston to bdc and measure the height of the cylinder will get you in the ballpark. 4 inches plus=2.5L 3 3/4+- =2.2L

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
was the car originally from mexico? if they replaced it with a 2.5l, they would have to reflash the chip for a 2.5 t3(?!), unless they made t3s with 2.5 in mex. id love to get my dirty hands on one

travis
No it was not a mexico car, it was a company car here in Michigan from what I can see with papers.

·
Helping when I can
1,326 Posts
I don't think the T-III Spirit RT's were actually marketed in Mexico.
Just built there.

EDIT:

Mexican Spirit RT's were T-II

1 - 14 of 14 Posts