Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems to be some interest in these upper plenums. I would need to sell 5 plenums to do this batch. They will be $325 + shipping, and I will need a $120 non refundable deposit for all 5 plenums to get started. When I receive 5 deposits the aluminum will be ordered. Once the aluminum is delivered, I will give my self 3 months to complete all orders (could be sooner but no later). The Buyer will have 30 days to pay the balance upon completion. After 30 days the plenum will be sold to recover my costs. These will all be the same design as the plenums I did in the past. The buyer will be responsible for adding any vacuum/sensor ports. The plenum has a .25" wall so it can be drilled and tapped anywhere on the plenum. So lets see a show of hands of who wants one. Only post if you are 100% committed to buy one. Here are some pics if you have not already seen them. After we have 5 committed buyers I will post deposit info. I will be stating this same group buy on the other site, so if you post here dont post over there. This will just keep me less confused.

Thanks Adam

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
How do these compare with the stock upper piece for height when all mounted? Does it sit the higher? Lower? the same?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,684 Posts
you might be able to make it work

if you have room for the plenum to roll backwards a little you could have the lower half cut & rewelded to remove some of the curve in the runners (namely the elbow in the runner right below the plenum)

this would give you a somewhat straighter passage to the head from the plenum , reduce height and move the plenum slightly back as I said above - if you have room behind it now

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since we already have enough to go ahead with the group buy. I will be ordering aluminum the end of next week. This should move along pretty quickly. If anyone still wants to get in, you have till the end of next week.

·
Registered
56 Posts

if you have room for the plenum to roll backwards a little you could have the lower half cut & rewelded to remove some of the curve in the runners (namely the elbow in the runner right below the plenum)

this would give you a somewhat straighter passage to the head from the plenum , reduce height and move the plenum slightly back as I said above - if you have room behind it now
Thanks for the idea, I think I'm going to end up going back to a 1 piece. Its in a GTP and with the step down of the louvers on the rear hatch, I think I might just be hooped anyways. The TB can't go anywhere farther back in the engine bay or IT will start rubbing too.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the idea, I think I'm going to end up going back to a 1 piece. Its in a GTP and with the step down of the louvers on the rear hatch, I think I might just be hooped anyways. The TB can't go anywhere farther back in the engine bay or IT will start rubbing too.
I know Johnny Spiva from polybushing has one of my plenums on his gtp, but maybe his is a little different then yours.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Since Asa backed out of his second batch I have had my eyes on another experimental setup someone is working on, but for that price I might be in for one anyway. What else was there that you were considering putting into production? Something we had chatted about on Facebook. My memory is junk anymore. Probably all the metalworking fluids I breathe.:wink2:

-Mark Lucas

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Since Asa backed out of his second batch I have had my eyes on another experimental setup someone is working on, but for that price I might be in for one anyway. What else was there that you were considering putting into production? Something we had chatted about on Facebook. My memory is junk anymore. Probably all the metalworking fluids I breathe.:wink2:

-Mark Lucas
Sorry don't recall chatting about doing anything else to these plenums. What you see here is the production part, and what you will receive.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I was referring to a different part altogether. I believe it was something for strengthening a transmission, but not something that has been done before. I am always looking into putting funds toward experimental parts for turbo Dodges. The crazier the better.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was referring to a different part altogether. I believe it was something for strengthening a transmission, but not something that has been done before. I am always looking into putting funds toward experimental parts for turbo Dodges. The crazier the better.
Oh maybe it was the 4140 chromoly end support plates I made for the 568 and 555.

Lmk if you would like to be added to the list, I'll be ordering aluminum the end of next week.

·
Registered
56 Posts

I think the louvers would still be in the way, as of right now the intake is about 1cm in front of the next step down of the louvers.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I sent everyone a pm regarding deposits, if I missed you please pm. Also if your not on the list , but would like one, you can still get in on these, since the aluminum is not ordered yet. Once all deposits are collected I will be ordering the aluminum.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would wanted to order the aluminum last week, but I'm still waiting on a few deposits. Guess I'll make a dead line of this Wednesday for deposits to be paid. If deposits aren't paid by Wednesday, I will assume you no longer want one, and you will be taken off the list. Aluminum will then be ordered this Thursday.

Thanks Adam

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Any pictures or drawings of what it will look like?
The first post in this thread has a lot of pictures of all the individual finished parts as well as the finished plenum all welded up as the buyer will receive it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts