Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, first...I was looking at the painted and ceramic versions of this header...
Its the Hooker Headers Super Competition Header
Has anyone used this hooker header on their rampage or 2.2L dodge? How hard is it to make fit and create an exhaust for?

Now my second question, where can i find out if Cat-converters are required in Pennsylvania?

· Registered
750 Posts
You will need to check because IIRC You dont need one on a classic, antique or rod type vehicle however you MUST keep the mileage below 5kmi a year and it will be emissions exempt and they ignore the cat and other emissions stuff. Over 5k you "need" the cat. However if you know the right shops or replace it with something that looks like one you can usually get away without it.

· Registered
29 Posts
Every vehicle I ever had passed inspection and emissions testing here in PA with a hollow cat... I guess what they don't know won't hurt them :X .. and Yes, they are required. As far as actually "getting inside" to check them, I've only seen a visual check, and they completely ignore it if it looks brand new anyways. Keep it shiny and you should be ok, but don't quote me on it. I've had cars pass with them hollowed out before with no questions or problems. If you're not shooting guk out, you should be fine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.