Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After fighting w/ this full turbo/head install that I was hoping would be easy (HA, so optimistic), I finally have nearly everything together. S60/ported manifold/ported G-head/Remove Balance shafts/Custom windage tray/etc.

Anywho, Question 1:
Got a powdercoated valve cover from a user on here. It fits, but the PCV system is different. Its a single 90* bent pipe instead of what mine had a single small nipple, that went to a rubber piece that split into two, one PCV valve and one filter. Can this work on my current setup without heavy modifications? Also, I ripped that PCV boot trying to take it off... Anybody have a part number handy if I need it?

Question 2:
HOW THE HELL DO YOU PUT THIS 1 PIECE GASKET ON?!? I fought with it for a short time, but the frustrations of the oil pan gasket was enough for one night. Any tips/tricks to get it on (like, RTV it to the head or cover first?)

· Registered
13,610 Posts
This powercoated valve cover is from a early T1 draw-thru turbo design and does NOT use a 1 piece gasket. Buy a valve cover gasket for a 85 turbo Daytona.

I suppose you can cut the metal tube from the valve cover and use the later PCV stuff on it. Measure the tube diameter it yourself.

· Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got home and looked at the valve cover bottoms... no joke. They are different! DOH!

What is the best way to press out those tubes? I want to try and preserve the finish on this new valve cover.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.