Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again I am having a dilemma i was tryin to race someone from a dig over this past weekend and noticed that car will not rev or 2000 rpms but in neutral or park will? Does anyone know what could be causein this :bang head

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not really that i have heard is it a really loud noise or one that i am goin to have to listen for closely

·
Registered
491 Posts
My problem was i ran under boost for long enough to pop off one of my stock BOV hoses. I have an aftermarket one too and forgot about it. Check all you lines and hoses and see if your getting any codes. I garuntee you have a leak somewhere.
While your idling slowly give it gas and see if your vaccum stays at around 19 Hg. or wherever its at at regular idle

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that is what i was think i also ready some where that timing can cause the car not rev past 2000 rpms does that sound right to you and what sound should i listen for please and thank you for you help man i greatly appreciate it

·
Registered
491 Posts
Timing will definitely cause something like this check others post on this site and do some research. You saod in nuetral it does go past 2k?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea i have been searchin on here but have had no luck findin a post about the reving issue gonna try and find a timing gun and time the car tonite and i think i have a vaccum line diagram but not sure

·
Registered
491 Posts
Not an expert on sundances but basically if your car will rev past 2k in neutral but not in gear i don't believe its a timing issue. If you have a boost vac gauge look at it as your revving in neutral. If it stay at idle vacuum as your revs go up you have boost leak. Ig you rev it up and it goes to the 0 psi mark fairly easily like say.... 2000 rpms your problem lies elsewhere

·
Registered
510 Posts
Hello again I am having a dilemma i was tryin to race someone from a dig over this past weekend and noticed that car will not rev or 2000 rpms but in neutral or park will? Does anyone know what could be causein this :bang head
That's called the stall rating of your torque converter. This is normal for an automatic.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if i give it almost any throttle in neutral the car will go past the 0psi mark but the guy i bought the car off put a walboro 255 fuel pump on it and half gas line not sure why

1 - 15 of 15 Posts