Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I roll to the light next to this silver car with big dual exhaust tips I thought was a Nissan at first. The light turns green not long after I come to a stop and the Tibby squeeks it's tires and is off. He gets the jump on me but not by much. Thankfully I didn't bog too much and his door is at my front bumper...

Once he shifted he lost what he had and we were side by side. He stayed there the entire time with his front end bouncing on each shift. A couple times I thought he'd shoot ahead, but he just stayed with me.
I was floored so I couldn't pull him either.... I let him get ahead and pulled behind him for the next light since someone was in my lane. He shot off from the light in full race mode again and I stayed with him to the speed limit then let him run away.

I thought those cars were faster than that?? The neon is a slow ass autobox with an airbox mod and cone filter....that's it.

I wish I was in the van....I'd have wasted him hardcore.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Moof said:
Are you sure it was a V6? All 2003+ Tiburons have dual exhaust, including the 4 cylinders.
I didn't know that all Tiburons had dual tips.....it was a GT model tho...I thought GTs were V6s.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
what the devil is a "Tiburon"??

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Ah...ok, it's called a "S-Coupe" here...

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Tiburon is Spanish for shark. They are a pretty nice car, good power and great handling. Kinda ricey looking, but that warranty.....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Some guy for the Sport Compact Car street challenge put two modified V6's in his Tiburon with twin independent auto trannies. He was putting down something like 627 total horsepower, and when he put one tranny in reverse and the other in drive, it made some really cool burnout marks :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Moof said:
Are you sure it was a V6? All 2003+ Tiburons have dual exhaust, including the 4 cylinders.
They also have 180hp and run 15.4 in the quarter. :)

I thought those cars were faster than that??
You likely raced a 4-cylinder with an auto. Good kill anyways though.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Huyndai, Hyundai...all I know is right now they are busy paying out $85+ million in a class-action lawsuit for BS-ing up their HP numbers. I guess they want to be the Ford of Korea

·
Registered
85 Posts
I bought a decked out Kia Optima and love the fact that they caught fudging the numbers. In fact this may be the only time that a class action lawsuit ever paid out to the public. They extended the bumper to bumper even further! Anyway I have a friend that has one of the earlier "sharks" he bought it used and fairly riced out. He was bragging that it was pretty fast, especially for a four banger. That was until I took him for a ride. Now he doesnt say much and in fact he sold the wing and its now stickerless. I think it looks better stock. Good Kill 3bar!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts