Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of 17x7 wheels with 215/45/17 on them. The offset is +52mm which is what I'm worried about. Will these work - maybe put a small spacer on them to get the offset closer to the +38mm range?

Ralph

· Registered
971 Posts
If your aftermarket wheels are 7" wide, I might be concerned about contact with the strut from the tire sidewall even with a +38mm offset. Don't quote me on this (as its been sometime since I last looked at the spec stamped into my Turbostars) but I believe they are +26mm and they are a 6" wide wheel with 205's on them and there is little clearance between the inside wall of the tire and the strut. A test fit would be in order....:)

G

·
I have a set or 17X7.5" wheels with 215-40R17 tires on them on an 87 Shelby Z and they fit very nicely. The only problem is when you steer all the way to the right the very edge of the tire just touches the (555)5th gear cover. there is no clearance issues with the strut(Konis) at all. I dont remember the offset of the to of my head tho.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.