Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, with heavy emotions, after 22 years of ownership, my '87 GLHS has been taken away to a new home. They were new when I was 16, finally got one at 24. Learned so much with this car. Wish I had a place to put it where I could enjoy it when I had time but not be in the way and prone to damage in a small 2 car highly active garage. It was just the right time I guess. Instead of a driver and a toy, I now have only one car to worry about that is both practical and fun. On the bright side, I had a ball with it the past couple years driving to work on nice days and my son to practices and even embarrassing my daughter with it blaring Van Halen in the parking lot waiting for her to get out of orchestra practice. Even shoe horned the whole family of 4 into it for ice cream once.... Though I am bowing out, there will always be a place in my heart for these cars. I will still drop by to check out everyone's car pics and see how the younger generations are gaining interest and putting their own spin on them. Keep the dream going everyone!!!!! I am missing this car already!

Shad
Previous owner of 1987 GLHS #691 from 1995-2017

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Well, with heavy emotions, after 22 years of ownership, my '87 GLHS has been taken away to a new home. They were new when I was 16, finally got one at 24. Learned so much with this car. Wish I had a place to put it where I could enjoy it when I had time but not be in the way and prone to damage in a small 2 car highly active garage. It was just the right time I guess. Instead of a driver and a toy, I now have only one car to worry about that is both practical and fun. On the bright side, I had a ball with it the past couple years driving to work on nice days and my son to practices and even embarrassing my daughter with it blaring Van Halen in the parking lot waiting for her to get out of orchestra practice. Even shoe horned the whole family of 4 into it for ice cream once.... Though I am bowing out, there will always be a place in my heart for these cars. I will still drop by to check out everyone's car pics and see how the younger generations are gaining interest and putting their own spin on them. Keep the dream going everyone!!!!! I am missing this car already!

Shad
I’ve owned 87 GLHS #0325 since 1994.
My brother bought it New in 1986.
Took it to SDAC 5 in Harpers Ferry in 1995.
Looks like I’ll finally have her back on the road this summer.
Sold everything else but this car.
I hate seeing someone having to sell a long time possession, especially a GLHS.
Maybe you can buy her back in the future, or another one.

·
Registered
1987 Shelby GLHS #0958
1,143 Posts
David Bond still has "Buy Back Rights" on #958. Whenever ALL his kids turn 18 and move out I guess. In another 12-13 years it may be a little expensive though. I haven't been able to get a hold of him at all since he sold me the car. I wanted to take him out to lunch or something.

·
Registered
40 Posts
David Bond still has "Buy Back Rights" on #958. Whenever ALL his kids turn 18 and move out I guess. In another 12-13 years it may be a little expensive though. I haven't been able to get a hold of him at all since he sold me the car. I wanted to take him out to lunch or something.
When you get a chance, come on over and update the vehicle listing.

Register

Cheers.

·
Registered
40 Posts

Shad
Please ask the new owner to update the vehicle.

Register

Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts