Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recevied a pump awhile ago from a friend, and was told that it was a walbro(which it did say on it) 255 out of his 85 GLHS, and did come out it running. I removed my fuel pump and broke the top of the sending unit. Unfortunately I had to buy another sending unit to sway the pump. Well the after market was very different inside. It had some return valve that dumped the fuel back into the cup.:confused: Need less to say I didnt like that so I cut it off and melted it closed to resemble the O.E. I put it all together with my super 60 computer, and ect. Went to purge the car to start it up and the fuel pressure would go no higher then 25psi. So, luckly I work for a parts retailer and warrentied the pump:thumb: So I have took off the kit cuz I know the stock(New) pump is just too risky. Now my questions is. Is there a pump that they make (fool proof installation. I dont want to have to go throw that again. FM says they do..but is there really diffent 255 walbros. I guess Im just afread of buying it and my having to take apart the sending unit and it not working. The cardon pump that I bought is made just like the O.E. pump that I took out in the begining.:shrug: Any body have info?

·
Registered
999 Posts
The 255 l/hr Walbro that Forward Motion, FWD Performance & Turbos Unleashed carry should be a direct replacement for your factory pump.

PS: There was no '85 GLHS. There were only '86 and '87. Your friend's car, if an '85, is a GLH.

·
Registered
999 Posts
That's not a GLHS. That's a Turbo II Omni. Big Difference.

If your car is a '94, it's not a CSX. There were only the '87 CSX, the '88 CSX-T, & the '89 CSX-VNT. Again, BIG difference.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And again, Im sorry if you got confused. I made a 94 shadow CSX. It was a es. I know what years they started and what years they ended. Unfortunately I dont have the funds to buy an original. I have to except second best. Which would be making my own.Which means I removed the engine and stuck a differnet engine in. Intercooling it and so on. And please Im hear for information. Im not hear to get lectured on what was what.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I didn't get confused, you're confused. You can't make a numbered Shelby car out of a regular Shadow or Omni by bolting a bunch of stuff on. Your car is a Shadow with a Turbo II, your friend's car is an Omni with a Turbo II. Welcome to turbododge.com!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dude..what the f#ck is your problem. Open your mouth..Welcome to my nuts. F#ckin closet ***. I bet you stare at pictures of cocks under your blanket. Smackin your Sh!t..f#ckin [email protected] Example People....this is why we get kick off forums cuz of car nerds that f#ckin worship them and has to be politically correct..f#ckin a$$hole.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Maybe you get kicked off forums because you have a bad attitude. I'm simply stating facts, and you're resorting to childish name calling. It's totally unnecessary. Why don't you realize that you own a Shadow, your friend owns an Omni, and that's that?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts