Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For starters im new here just bought a 3.0L daytona and Im looking to get some exhaust for my 3.0 L daytona something cheap but make it sound a little nicer then it sounds now. Im also looking for a new air intake any suggestions would be greatly apperciated! :cool:
-Tony

·
Registered
113 Posts
Z24 said:
For starters im new here just bought a 3.0L daytona and Im looking to get some exhaust for my 3.0 L daytona something cheap but make it sound a little nicer then it sounds now. Im also looking for a new air intake any suggestions would be greatly apperciated! :cool:
-Tony
Your gonna have to make your own air intake, mine cost around $50. I personally like more of a throaty exhaust sound. I'm running 2.5in no cat w/ a super 40 flowmaster(their latest product) it sounds awsome at low rpms, but gets a little raspy at higher rpms(but NOTHING like a straight through fart can) If I could go back I would get the hooker aerochamber. They are a strait through muffler(flows the best) without an annoying sound. Flowmasters do NOT flow very well.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey Tony.

I went to a 2.5" exhaust with high-flow cat and dynomax ultraflow on my '92 3.0 Acclaim, and hated it. The car picked up nothing in the 1/4 mile (according to gtech runs, for what that is worth) and actually lost a couple mpg. I'm sure the engine was making a few more ponys on the top end, but I lost a lot of torque down low (and being an auto. trans, that really hurt.) I ended up swapping back to the stock exhaust. I though the muffler sounded really silly too. If I had to do it over again, I would go with a 2.25" exhaust from the cat back and probably a chambered muffler or a hooker max-flow (much quieter then the ultraflow, and still a straight through design).

If you plan on NO2 or a supercharger, then 2.5" all the way. Otherwise I'll bet you'd be faster with a 2.25" pipe.

Just my $0.02

-Chris.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
if you are the same guy from the chrysler 3.0 forum i am melsy sic/Corey8sic check out the pics of my acclaim fo a good idea on a cold air intake.
took off .4 my 1/4

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nah im not on that forum wanna send a link so i can check it out it would be greatly apperciated :D

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
2.5" exhaust has shown good dyno #'s in general

I have a full 3" exhaust with 3" catco cat and 3"dynomax ultraflow. I think the car sounds very goood...im sure having the catco helps a little bit on the noise because 3" sure does not.

Anyways though, 3" exhaust is a horrible modification if you are not going to turbocharge your car...............

1 - 8 of 8 Posts