Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been batteling with getting my 87 shelby z running right for ever now. the whole motors brand new. the ignition is new, the fuel system is new.. the ecu is new.. the car wont rev past 5500.. and even then it makes no power be it 3psi or 15psi no diffrence... the stage 5 ecu i have for it to run the +40's needs a 3bar map.. i have one and the harness for one. now is it just a plug in and go thing? or do i need to swap some wires around to get it to work. when i just plug the 3bar in it goes pig rich. what gives?? im at the shop right now trying to figure it out.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
check the voltage coming out of the map- you may have to switch some pins around. On a 3 bar with the car off and the hose off the map it should read 1.61ish.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
oh and check for codes. I bet you have a map code going on.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
what is the part number on that map?

·
Registered
4,663 Posts

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
you may have to switch pins a and b at the sensor. Cross your fingers...

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
sounds like a bad map, but with the 2bar it runs ok though?

If so ,you have other issues contact the cal maker.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
oh and what is the signal voltage with the pins switched? backprobe both pins a and b separately with the map ground.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
no just the key on and hose off. and what about the codes? do you have the baro solenoid hooked up?

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
yeah that is the baro, my guess is that the map is not good, why is it reading so high? the computer is seeing full boost when it really isn't- are you getting lots of smoke?
If you follow the link I gave you it should read .5 volts at 20hg of idle and 1.60ish at atmosphere- hose off. I can only guess the map is no good since the voltage it is receiving is right. Try a known good map- was the one you bought known good from a good seller?

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
no check valve, the barometric solenoid vents the map to the atmosphere to check on the ambient pressure. I still cannot think of a reason the map is sending high readings, only thing I can conlude is a bad map.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
no check valve, the barometric solenoid vents the map to the atmosphere to check on the ambient pressure. I still cannot think of a reason the map is sending high readings, only thing I can conlude is a bad map.
im about to throw the car in the crusher.. everythings new on it.. i just got the car for 2500 just spent over a grand in diag and a new head installed.. im gonna be a poor man for atleast 8 weeks i throw every cent i make into paying off the bill... its almost not worth it.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
im about to throw the car in the crusher.. everythings new on it.. i just got the car for 2500 just spent over a grand in diag and a new head installed.. im gonna be a poor man for atleast 8 weeks i throw every cent i make into paying off the bill... its almost not worth it.
what does that have to do with the map? Comon man, BREATHE!!! it's not you, its the stupid map. Don't take it personally. :p
It is a project, kinda like a kid, jus cause it's acting up doesn't mean you put it up for adoption.;)

My car goes out on long vacations when something needs upgrading or breaks.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts