Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a core support (AKA horsecollar) for a 4dr l-body. Please let me know if you have anything.

Thanks,
Chad-

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I'm talking about the entire sheetmetal piece that holds the headlights, hoodlatch, grill etcc...

Thanks anyways,
Chad

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Where are you located? I've got an 85 that is getting parted out, car wasn't wrecked and most of the rust is under the floors/frame so this part should be good.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm just north of milwaukee. I need the piece all the way down to where the front engine mount bolts up. Probably what would be easiest...take parted out car, add sawzall and cut right in front of the struts straight down. If you have any spare fenders, I'd be interested as well. If you've got something let me know!

Chad-

·
Registered
716 Posts
Chad- I have just the piece in black off a GLH-T that I can sawsall off for you. It is rust-free and will include the hood latch. PM me with an offer and I can send pictures. Shipping can be done but lets determine if you want mine or not.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Best to cut it through the strut towers. That way you can splice the inner fenders behind the strut towers where it will not show.

Side note, why are so many folks scared to put their location in there prefs??? Not like we are going to drive to Timbuktu to steal your Omni. Makes it easier when somebody is looking for big parts to know where they live.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Depending if the front frame rails are damaged, I would drill out all the spot welds of the old and the good piece.

The location thing always makes me wonder as well. He did say 'just north of Milwaukee'. I will need an address to figure the real shipping. This is no easy task to just remove and drop in a box.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry about the location thing, I just never put it in my profile. It's there now! :-D

As for the core support...I have a line on 2 of them in the Chicago area. If they fall through, I'll let you know.

My frame rails are fine. The part on mine that is actually mashed up pretty good is where the front motor mount bolts to. I have no idea what would have caused that, but it actually looks like someone put the part on after it was already bent up.

Thanks everyone for the replies!
Chad-

1 - 10 of 10 Posts