Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone. i have a 86 dodge charger im coverting the 1 wire 02 to a 4 wire. I only have 1 question. i know you hook the heater wire to a 12v source. I heard you use the ignition wire? is that true? and where is the best spot to tap into it? thks!
-ryan

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
DDG has a good write up on it with pics, look under how to section, #14: Installing an O2 or EGT gauge and why it's a good idea, in the turbo database. It has pretty pics that show right where to wire everything Donovan's Dodge Garage

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
I don't know if it's the 'correct' way or not. I tapped mine off the fan relay.

·
Legendary Driver
11,022 Posts
I wouldn't over tax the fan relay circuit. A lot of voltage travels through that. Just needs to be an ignition switched source. Although a wideband is easier to install and not that much more expensive than a new 4 wire O2.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Tap into the J2 circuit, it's the solid blue wire that goes everywhere under the hood. It's a switched 12v circuit. Do you have an underhood, or LM mounted MAP sensor?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
J2 is the designation Chrysler assigned to the circuit. If you had an underhood mounted MAP it would be powered by that circuit. It should be powering some of the solenoids located near the passenegr shock tower. I do not have an 86 Factory service manual, however in all my 87 cars it is a solid dark blue wire, solid meaning it is only dark blue and does not have any other color incorporated into it. If youhave a voltmeter you can check the circuit to make sure it is a switched 12v

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.