Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building a 400hp 2.5 with all of the supporting mods to go with it. +40 injectors forged pistons/h beam rods ported everything and theres a lot more that im not gonna list. I was just wondering what turbo I should go with? I want hp and reliability for under $600. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
400 crank HP or 400WHP? 400 crank you can do on +40's easy and a 46 trim .63 A/R stage 1 would be the turbo to do it with, unless you want to spend more $'s than you really need to.

400WHP you would need meth on top of the +40's or larger inj's like 72lbs. While the 46 trim Is capable of 400WHP, not many are going to have the know-how to reach that on one of these mtrs. So 50 trim stage 2 would be the way to go.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Holset HY35 or HE351 should be capable of 400whp correct? Can get those relitively cheap.

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
Holset HY35 or HE351 should be capable of 400whp correct? Can get those relitively cheap.
HY35 = 50 trim stage 3. it would be a good alternative to the 50 trim stage two IF the price was an object and sig money could be saved, but you would be giving up about 500rpm in spool time.

HE351 = 500+WHP. You could run it if you want to make 400 on less boost for sure, but again, you wouldn't see full spool till 4000-4500rpm.

Is this going to be a track car, or street car, or street/strip?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Street/strip car. 400 whp if I can.I was planning on doin methanol injection. I should have listed what im doin to it so here we go-
Full rebuild + performance parts
Stock crank+new bearings etc.
H beam rods
Wiseco pistons
Swirl head(ported to the max with +1 valves)
Beehive springs
moly retainers
hardened keepers
Two piece intake(ported)
Afpr and TU fuel rail
Which injectors?
Water/methanol injected
Which turbo? Id rather not go with a holset
cometic HG
Walbro 255
Stage 4 fwd cam
Stage 5 cal(I'm not good with wiring so I'm not goin MS)
Fully rebuilt A-555 with moly bearing plate and obx lsd.
theres a few other things that I'm sure im missing but Thats about what im building.
anybody got a link to the turbo I need?

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
Well, that's just about my build except I'm runing a G-head, custom intake and stock T2 rods.

If you don't like the holsets I would deff say 50 trim stage 2. You should be able to make 400+WHP pretty easily, specially with the F4 cam! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts