Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Newbie here. I am attempting to stuff a '04 Hemi into my 48 bentley. I am going to retro the interior from an '04 Durango into this vehicle. I have a thousand questions. Anyone out there with enough patience to help me ??

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
dang, that's quite a task, if anyone here can't help you, you might try Dodgetalk.com. Go ahead and ask your questions, I'll try to answer as many as I can

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great. Thanks for the help offers.
Okay, here we go. A history.The 5.7 Hemi came from an '04 Dodge1500 Pick up. It came with the complete engine wiring harness and computer. I also have the dash guages from the same truck. (I have the VIN). The steering column came from an '04 Durango. (I have the VIN for that also but no keys.) I have purchased a new underdash wiring harness for an '04 Durango based on the VIN from the donor Durango. I also purchased the Power Dist. Module, the Power Dist. J-box and the under hood wiring harness ( complete with what looks like another Power Dist. Module attached). My thought was to do a little plug and play sort of deal. But from what I'm being told, the computer will not recognize anything 'cause the VIN's are different. So the computer has to be flashed. I would like to incorporate the remote entry feature in the Bentley. Do you think this is possible? Also the is a module of some sort which plugs into the side of the Power Dist. Module. ( I don't have it) Is this where the remote entry module plugs into? I am an old street rodder with basic mechanical skills but this new fangled Hemi and electronics are really a trip.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Car craft May 2008 has a hemi into older mopar swap article.It covers engine mounts wiring etc. See if you can get it at the newstand. If you can't get it or are too cheap :)p) I can scan the article for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info Crazy. I'll check it out. In all the articles I've read about a Hemi drop-in, everyone uses a after market harness from Painless or Hot Rod Lane. Since this car is a shell I thought I'd do something different. I love challenges so this should keep me busy. It's just that I don't know what the hell all these little peices do.:bang head. It was a lot easier when I built my other cars in the 70's. Wish me luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts